Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Does anyone remember that bit in The Comic Strip Presents Bad News...? Vim Fuego (Adrian Edmondson) says - "Jimmy Page was 25 when he wrote Stairway To Heaven. I could play it when I was 16. I think that says a lot, really."

This thread reminds me of that for some reason.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Ahah! So this is an "I'm bitter for being rejected" thread. Glad we got there eventually.
    well, despite me, I still call The Rolling Stones the UK Guns N' Roses, and it's like, socially, IMO, kind of geeky and offensive when it hits mainstream sold as it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10231
    I actually find it quite hilarious that you can throw such venom at The Darkness,while simultaneously lauding the shit that is Republica.

How very bizarre.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • I guess Bob Dylan angered Jimi Hendrix a little, IDK, I'm not Jimi Hendrix.
    But I remember Jimi Hendrix saw Bob and was like 'what? I can do that!'... And did, and was awesome and amazing.Bob Dylan has some amazing songs, but, I like the covers better.
  • I take it back though, Bob Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone was good.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually find it quite hilarious that you can throw such venom at The Darkness,while simultaneously lauding the shit that is Republica.

How very bizarre.
    Likewise.
    Republica were Republica, not the next no one dressing like 30 years prior.

Musically, great, with their tunes and lyrics.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't want to wobble the foundations of this entire fine thread, and I can't be bothered to spend five hours on Google looking for Justin Hawkins quotes, but.... did The Darkness ever actually claim to be the new Guns N' Roses, or even say they were influenced by them?  I always thought they were more like a weird mix of AC/DC and Queen.
    Honestly, both's an insult to Guns N' Roses.

It's The Darkness FFS.

Their guitar work was lame yet they run around saying they saved rock when The Darkness actually pissed on Rock's door, gate crashed the party and acted like it knew all the cool bands inside.

You've taken my question and responded to it as if it was a statement.  Cheers.

Here's another question - did they ever "run around saying they saved rock"?  I don't remember that either.

Are you asking for a dedicated The Darkness suck thread?
    What are you asking?
    Stop asking for things.

Can you actually read English? 

This IS a dedicated The Darkness suck thread.  You started it and you're the one keeping it going, you buffoon.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Even this song without so much guitar rocks way way way more than The Darkness ever tried.
  • Out Of The Darkness :wink: 
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    I miss the 1990's. dissapointed 
    Well, at least Rap Rocks, just doesn't help me and my guitar yet.

• Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I don't want to wobble the foundations of this entire fine thread, and I can't be bothered to spend five hours on Google looking for Justin Hawkins quotes, but.... did The Darkness ever actually claim to be the new Guns N' Roses, or even say they were influenced by them?  I always thought they were more like a weird mix of AC/DC and Queen.
    Honestly, both's an insult to Guns N' Roses.

It's The Darkness FFS.

Their guitar work was lame yet they run around saying they saved rock when The Darkness actually pissed on Rock's door, gate crashed the party and acted like it knew all the cool bands inside.

You've taken my question and responded to it as if it was a statement.  Cheers.

Here's another question - did they ever "run around saying they saved rock"?  I don't remember that either.

Are you asking for a dedicated The Darkness suck thread?
    What are you asking?
    Stop asking for things.

This IS a dedicated The Darkness suck thread.  You started it and you're the one keeping it going, you buffoon.

Yeah...

I think they're lame.
    I'm glad it's on record.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11680
    This is brilliant, please keep this thread going for ever.

I quite like the Darkness, but for the sake of balance, they are a bunch of posers who can gargle my balls and eat my full and meaty turds!!

I should have been signed by now, maybe not to a record label, Mary Spender had me sign a piece of paper her lawyer delivered telling me to stay 100 yards away at all times, does that count?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

Here...borrow mine...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    Philly_Q said:

Here...borrow mine...

Can I borrow that afterwards?
    The Darkness said Pinewood Smile was in your face with its guitar work like Appetite For Destruction was this year...
    and nobody said anything about it (but me)
    - that wall actually does look appealing to me now.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Good grief.

6 pages.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Apparently we both (me and The Darkness) both hate Southern Railway... but....

Other than that, they suck.

I mean, we both like Guns N' Roses... but....................

I sort of see that like my sainted mother and The Darkness as posers...

Like, Southern Fail don't go to Suffolk, that's Anglian probably (IDK who). Posers singing about my sucky railway when they have no right why I oughta... Selling tickets and records to target me instead of being of me in the genre that is stale because of thee; The Darkness.... Last of our Kind gives me hope, wishing it would die already and be put out if it's misery dealt to the record industry today.

The Darkness are the kind who gave us S Club 7 dressed up as Motley Crew.
  • IDK who I don't like more, Southern Rail or ASLEF or RMT, but still, Southern do suck.

I'd never write a song about it though.
  • Wait! Stop a minute! I've just spotted the rapidly disappearing tendrils of something I can identify as a subject...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10231

Even this song without so much guitar rocks way way way more than The Darkness ever tried.
    Gave it a listen.

It's still pants.

But you know what? I have choices.Maybe I could start a thread running to several pages (of mostly my own posts) explaining (badly) the reasons for not liking Republica,or I could put something else on (which I do like) and move on (hint,hint).
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Each to their own, but if I don't put it out there that The Darkness suck, how else are these record companies going to know who's going to sell/go multi platinum?

Rejection of The Darkness running around when they did singing and saying what they did is like hating the X Factor for ruining the industry; perfectly just in order to send the right message to the people producing this stuff.