SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Dr Z EZG 50 Blonde Head - Ultimate Fender Super Reverb Now £950

What's Hot
jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 734
edited December 2017 in Amps £
So, I got this as part of a recent deal - was after the 2x10 and the seller was unwilling to split - I was well up for trying it out and, for what it does, it's the bees knees, but just not my normal style and is a serious bit of kit to have knocking around at home instead of in the hands of someone who'll use it. That said, I've been using it as a pedal platform and there's something obscenely pretty about everything it does - it takes pedals like no 'blackface' style amp I've every used and the reverb is incredible.

Had a bit of an issue with fuses/hum at higher volumes but this has since been sorted - see thread in the AMPs section. Hasn't flinched since. In very clean physical condition indeed. 

I've also since spent £70 on new preamp and rectifier tubes from Watford Valves (Mullard NOS 12AT7s, Tung Sol RI 12AX7s, JJ GZ34) and the power section had a new matched set of Groove Tubes 6L6GCs put in there very recently and biased/checked over by Roland Lumby at The Amp Clinic. I'll also include the working 12AX7, 12AT7 and rectifier I took out, plus power cable and padded cover.

I'm in Manchester but willing to travel for the right deal. Given a new one is £2k from Peach, with extra valves and cover I'll say £1150 NOW £950!!! Any questions please let me know. 

(don't worry, the back panel has all screws and washers, just put it in place for photos!!)

https://image.ibb.co/ke3RDG/IMG_3820.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/ggdttG/IMG_3822.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/f0VTSb/IMG_3821.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/kSuoSb/IMG_3823.jpg
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have one of these and its  bloody awesome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PM’d
  • Open to offers on this, maybe even trades for something low powered with money my way...
  • Black Friday Week Sale - £1099 and willing to deliver...
  • Bump!!
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 734
    edited November 2017
    Thought I’d add some potential trades as I get that it’s a lot of cash to hand over!

- Simple Valve amps - in particular Dr Z, MJW or Rift Amps. Heads, 2x10 or 1x12 combos, lower powered preferred but needs to be ‘giggable’ so 10-30 watts I guess. Z28 in particular might clinch it but something else ‘brownface’ would also be cool. An amp having bias tremolo is a major plus for me too. 

- Audio Kitchen Big Trees, though there aren’t many about!

- Yamaha THR100 - considering getting one new as the price has come down to £350 for the single channel version new. That might mean there’s something new on the NAMM horizon though!

- Guitar-wise, perhaps some sort of SG, although another guitar will be a hard sell for the Mrs! Always got a soft spot for offsets too but probs not a Squire. 

- overdrive or distortion pedals, I prefer them open and raw than smooth and compressed! The Xotic RC Booster in particular has caught my eye. 

• Bump
  • Bump!!
    edited November 2017
    Sod it, £1050. The longer it sticks around the more likely I’ll keep it. 
  • Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump!
    edited November 2017
    Ok, if this goes before Christmas I’ll do it for £999. Postage now an option, likely £50 with insurance but will check if required. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • B-bump
  • Bump
  • Very final price drop. £950, Fretboard-only price. Won't be going any lower!
  • Sold!