Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How Many Of You In Original Bands?

What's Hot

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10681

Go on then, I'll have a spam as well...

Lol totally mental!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Due to my prolific spamming I doubt this’ll be news, but yes:

https://youtu.be/-35hyRAQUe4

https://youtu.be/UsyJF_OkrXE

https://youtu.be/g0zhUauC7Uo
    Wow that's brill too!! What's going on!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

miserneil said:
    Here's me and my lot!

So's that!!! We need a tFB CD!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    There's some real talent on this forum. (Er, apart from me ;)

Don't let anyone accuse us of just being a bunch of bedroom widdlers!!!
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Cheers @viz! And yes, great Idea, a compilation CD of Fretboard bands, raise a few quid for the coffers?
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    miserneil said:
    Cheers @viz! And yes, great Idea, a compilation CD of Fretboard bands, raise a few quid for the coffers?
    @horse - one of the new tracks for a compilation CD? (Even if virtual?)

@TTony - how about if members in bands submitted tracks to the *ahem* independent mods, and you guys selected 12 for a FB album? 

Flog it and you could use the dosh for hosting etc?

Or am I talking out my bum?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27427

Or am I talking out my bum?
    I don't know - are you sitting down?

Bridgehouse said:

how about if members in bands submitted tracks to the *ahem* independent mods, and you guys selected 12 for a FB album? 
    I'm more than happy to support original acts here in any way that's useful.  I did think about compiling a theFB album from the various challenge challenges (there's some seriously good stuff submitted there), if only because I prefer "tangible" products rather than having stuff stored online - until online goes phut at which point it's all lost.

We have another promotional outlet opportunity in 4:52am too.

Not too bothered about making ££s for the forum - more interested in providing a platform that's useful / valuable for members of the community, or gives them something that they can get elsewhere.

Open to thoughts & suggestions ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    @TTony - aye, was just a thought - there's some seriously good stuff in this thread.

I guess my suggestion was a follow up to ye olde fb calendar.

Talking of which....
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    Here is one of mine, not a band, a self indulgent solo project :)

The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    I am... but no recorded output to speak of thus far...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    horse said:
    Me and @Bridgehouse play in this band - I like this clip because Chris starts off with the capo on the wrong fret and doesn't realise til he starts playing on the 2nd verse, then has to adjust whilst he's singing!

He's good at that capo shuffle! ;)
    really like the singers voice, suits the style fantastic and plays the harmonica nicely into the feel of the music. I would certainly come and watch you play.
    darcym said:
    horse said:
    Me and @Bridgehouse play in this band - I like this clip because Chris starts off with the capo on the wrong fret and doesn't realise til he starts playing on the 2nd verse, then has to adjust whilst he's singing!

really like the singers voice, suits the style fantastic and plays the harmonica nicely into the feel of the music. I would certainly come and watch you play.
    Thanks! We have a load of fun too. There's an album being mixed at the mo. Once it's done I'll post a few tracks so you can hear it in all it's glory. I'll pass your comments on to Chris, he will be chuffed.

@horse 's little camera is great - but you need to be there for the full experience ;) 
    darcym said:
    horse said:

Thanks! We have a load of fun too. There's an album being mixed at the mo. Once it's done I'll post a few tracks so you can hear it in all it's glory. I'll pass your comments on to Chris, he will be chuffed.

@horse 's little camera is great - but you need to be there for the full experience ;) 
    I'd buy it - there are some really good bands on here, it would be fantastic to see them get some exposure, sales, gig bookings etc, I've found a few bands on here that I really like.

@darcym - there's some really impressive talent on here. Sometimes I think we forget how rich our community is with fine original music.. 
    @darcym - there's some really impressive talent on here. Sometimes I think we forget how rich our community is with fine original music.. 
    Tell me when the CD is ready, I'll honestly buy it.
    darcym said:
    Tell me when the CD is ready, I'll honestly buy it.
    I will do! And thanks again..!

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Yeah, thanks @darcym - much appreciated
  • my band is probably a bit too Metal for majority of people on this board.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuminousLuminous Frets: 210

I'll join in the spamming...not quite a band but....