two gigs to reaffirm my faith in hard rock players

What's Hot
JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
Fri - Lynch Mob   ; Sat - Y&T 

Lynch - phenomenal 
Meniketti - plays as well as he sings ( Rodgers meets Hagar + ) 

George played a rental 1987x and a Lester / ESP 256 type - no hot rod kit or ESP  hockey stick or floyd insight  in sight  - just sounded like George - all  the tone is in his hands 

Dave played a battered LP and a Diesel VH4 - fluid quick melodic lines - schenkeresque at times - singing even at 63  like a true pro

Sunday will be day of rest n practice :-) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Wow, there's a couple of bands from the past! Good times for me, back when Kerrang was worth reading and hard rock was flying high. I have vinyl from both bands but no record player :(
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11567
    tFB Trader
    Lynch's amp was not a rental, it was his own 1968 Marshall plexi 50w small box, which he blew up on Sunday in London and ended the gig early after 45 minutes, refusing to use a spare amp from the support band to continue . Needless to say fans weren't thrilled.

Y&T are always good and Meniketti is outstanding

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Lynch's amp was not a rental, it was his own 1968 Marshall plexi 50w small box, which he blew up on Sunday in London and ended the gig early after 45 minutes, refusing to use a spare amp from the support band to continue . Needless to say fans weren't thrilled.

that's such a shame..
    I love the way Lynch plays too
    play every note as if it were your first
  • Lynch's amp was not a rental, it was his own 1968 Marshall plexi 50w small box, which he blew up on Sunday in London and ended the gig early after 45 minutes, refusing to use a spare amp from the support band to continue . Needless to say fans weren't thrilled.

tbh - I assumed it was a rental as looked very clean from where I was standing - it did sound rather good though - modded ? . Surprised he didnt have a rental spare of some sorts - the guys who supported in Sheffield were using 5150's but doubt if  George couldnt have coaxed something out of those to suit - I would have been gutted if he'd done that ... 

Meniketti was a true pro and the Picture House in Holmfirth was full and very appreciative - band genuinely looked like they were enjoying themselves .. 
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31493
    Bloody diva, that is really amateur, sorry. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    p90fool said:
    Bloody diva, that is really amateur, sorry. 
    I know. One of my mates was at the gig and was well pissed off.  It really is shoddy behaviour 
  • That is really poor - wouldnt get away with that at a pub gig ! 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    I was there too at HRH - mainly went for Y&T (and Airbourne). Meniketti was awesome as always, and does the greatest guitar sex faces of all time.

Shame that nobody told the singer in Lynch mob they were actually playing Hard Rock Hell, not Hellfest.
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    edited November 2017
    FarleyUK said:
    I was there too at HRH - mainly went for Y&T (and Airbourne). Meniketti was awesome as always, and does the greatest guitar sex faces of all time.

Shame that nobody told the singer in Lynch mob they were actually playing Hard Rock Hell, not Hellfest.
    i saw lynch mob - sheffield corporation
    Y&T - holmfirth picturedrome

Oni was on good form in sheffield  n george was flying tbh  

Meniketti should have joined ozzy when he had the chance - if even just for a tour or two 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Well, I'm just in from seeing Deep Purple, with Europe supporting, along with Cats In Space.

A very good evening!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Well, I'm just in from seeing Deep Purple, with Europe supporting, along with Cats In Space.

A very good evening!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    JMP220478 said:
    FarleyUK said:

i saw lynch mob - sheffield corporation
    Y&T - holmfirth picturedrome

Oni was on good form in sheffield  n george was flying tbh  

Meniketti should have joined ozzy when he had the chance - if even just for a tour or two 
    Oh wow, I never knew Menikeiieikeiktikeititti was asked to join Ozzy? That would have been pretty cool!