Reverb.com question.

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• tampaxboo said:
    What are the seller fees on Reverb? Was thinking of putting my Gretsch on Reverb as well. Do they just take a %?
    3.5% from the final sale amount. No listings/insertions/extraphotos/etc etc fees either
    Hi Ian, it's really interesting to see reverb taking off and it's encouraging to see you here at ground level, asking about experiences and engaging with feedback. it feels a very humane way to do business, which is refreshing and endearing.

i have recently moved my music stuff to 'collection only' gumtree, but obviously a dedicated music site with a decent delivery option would be a far better bet. i have been thinking about reverb but not done much research.

my biggest concern preventing me from going back to 'delivery' selling is a fear of theiving idiots ordering things then trying to scam me via a sod-the-seller returns system.
    ebay just doesn't seem to want to acknowledge that their system is wide open to abuse of that kind, despite all the evidence.

if it is possible to answer in a few sentences, how are you addressing that side of things?
    In the US we have developed our own payment gateway called direct checkout https://reverb.com/uk/page/direct-checkout-faq
    This does away with Paypal and the associated problems. The fees are lower than paypal too. The great aspect of this is that we have a team of people that handle resolutions. So no automatic defaults in the buyers favour. You now have someone that knows about guitars etc and is qualified to make a call on resolutions and seeks to reach an agreement that both parties are happy with.  So you are covered from spurious 180 day charge backs and the like. 

For the last 18 months we have been using paypal in Europe while waiting for the red tape etc to clear on using direct checkout. I know its not everyones favourite way to pay, but instances of buyer fraud are absolutley tiny. I would get more cases of buyer fraud in one month when running a guitar store's ecommerce site than we have had in 18 months on Reverb. 
    We also have some very smart programming that highlights potential fraudsters before they can start any sort of scam. 

You are more than welcome to list your items for sale as local pickup only on Reverb as well. Many sales happen each day in the UK with this option. Your items make take a little longer to sell but they will still sell. I would always advise to advertise your items with a minimum of EU shipping to get as many potential customers as possible, but its entirely up to yourself. 

Offering EU shipping does mean your items sell faster and generally for more money. Remember what we would consider top dollar asking price has the potential to be a bargain for someone in Northern Europe, esp the scandinavian countries. 

TLDR, We use paypal at the moment until the start of next year. Instances of fraud are absolutley tiny, due to our user base and fraud screening. 
    Our own payment system is called direct checkout and is cheaper than paypal and does not auto rule against sellers.
    You can sell as "local pickup only" on Reverb
    I'd advise to offer EU shipping.
    I work for http://www.reverb.com/uk Any questions, queries, complaints, Drop me a line.

Remember to check out our Bank Holiday Sale 15% off New, Used and Vintage
    https://reverb.com/uk/sales/bank-holiday-sale

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom