Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What's the oddest album you've got?

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    edited November 2017
    The adventures of Kaptain Kopter and commander Cassidy in potatoland. Needless to say, an off the wall concept album.

With free comic ....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4164
    Now where did I put that album of The Darkness covers as done by Guns N' Roses....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    axisus said:
    The adventures of Kaptain Kopter and commander Cassidy in potatoland. Needless to say, an off the wall concept album.
    I love that album!  

I must have something weird in my collection, but I'm struggling to think of anything....

More embarrassing than odd, I have an album by Don Johnson... which has guitar appearances from Dickey Betts, SRV, Ron Wood and Dweezil Zappa.  I also have a mini album by Adrian Zmed (the bloke who played Romano on TJ Hooker), which features Rick Derringer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • probably Bogshed - Step On It. I was reeled in by the magnificence of Champion Love Shoes, and to be fair the rest of it is pretty much the same as that.

Either that or Erase Erata - Other Animals. Again one track got me hooked, but it's pretty challenging stuff.

Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.

• This.
    I don't even know WHY I have this album.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Probably Steve Vai Flex-Able Leftovers.  
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    I have an album of a German string ensemble playing the entirety of Metal Machine Music note for note. It's somewhat better than the original.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Probably the first Mr Bungle album.

Great album but absolutely mad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
  • Either....Melvins -Honky
    ..or Butthole surfers -Locust abortion technician.

Wierd and wonderful.

• Joe's Garage has some odd ideas but is a great album. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Philly_Q said:
    axisus said:
    I love that album!  

I must have something weird in my collection, but I'm struggling to think of anything....

More embarrassing than odd, I have an album by Don Johnson... which has guitar appearances from Dickey Betts, SRV, Ron Wood and Dweezil Zappa.  I also have a mini album by Adrian Zmed (the bloke who played Romano on TJ Hooker), which features Rick Derringer.
    Great minds think alike! As well as loving Potatoland, I also have the Don Johnson LP! As an SRV fanatic back in the day it was a necessary purchase, even though his contribution was just either one or two solos (can't remember??)
  • Probably Steve Vai Flex-Able Leftovers.  
    Leftovers? I've got Flexable, and half of it sounds like leftovers/fillers
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • My "oddest" album is probably The Four Seasons in Rock by Canadian flautist Moe Koffmann. You can tell quite clearly that the original composer was none other than Il Prete Rosso himself, but the presentation is more like obscure avant-garde jazz than "rock"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • My "oddest" album is probably The Four Seasons in Rock by Canadian flautist Moe Koffmann. You can tell quite clearly that the original composer was none other than Il Prete Rosso himself, but the presentation is more like obscure avant-garde jazz than "rock"
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4290

Ricci Rucker - FUGA

It's a jazz album recorded entirely using the turntable as an instrument.

I really liked some of his other stuff (mainly Gunkhole) so I thought I'd like this. How wrong was I. It's not very good.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    axisus said:
    Great minds think alike! As well as loving Potatoland, I also have the Don Johnson LP! As an SRV fanatic back in the day it was a necessary purchase, even though his contribution was just either one or two solos (can't remember??)

I think it was a couple of solos.  My memory may be playing tricks here, but I'm pretty sure the lyric sheet had little icons to show who'd played on what - SRV was represented by a hat, Dweezil by a pointy guitar with a star on it (I think!).

I'll have a look when I get home. 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    I have an album somewhere called "The Nigel Kennedy Experience" - an album of Jim Hendrix covers played on solo violin with a small ensemble backing him. 

It's actually not that bad! Very clever the way he manages to emulate screaming feedback with a centuries old Stradivarius!
    I hope it's better than when I saw him do something like that on an electric violin (through a Rivera amp, if I remember right). Truly painful.

I saw him on the South Bank Show with Jeff Beck and likewise I thought it was painful - 2 immense talents with not a good note between them - and I'm a big JB fan
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    guitars4you said:

I saw him on the South Bank Show with Jeff Beck and likewise I thought it was painful - 2 immense talents with not a good note between them - and I'm a big JB fan
    Yes, that was it - I think I'd blanked out that Beck was a party to it :). I have to say I find some of his stuff a bit difficult anyway, but it's by far the worst thing I've ever heard him do.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10229
    Definitely this one.Bought it in around 1985 when I was in the U2 fan club and it showed up in their merch.Had The Edge in it so I had to have it.I've actually got no idea if it's any good or not,as I put it on once and,because it sounded nothing like U2,dismissed it straight away.Found it a bit too weird really.

Laugh, love, live, learn.