Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• matt1973matt1973 Frets: 385
    Just a quick word on FRFR. I've just moved from a Helix into Yamaha DXR8 to a DXR10 - the DXR10 is far superior. For anyone having trouble deciding between the two - without doubt go for the DXR10.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • People do berate the Helix tuner - I found it fine with my PRS but quite annoying with my LP. It is very twitchy which is not a problem with a nice smooth tuning system a la PRS but doesn't help with a guitar that is a bit of a struggle to tune at the best of times. It wasn't so bad that I would have used a separate tuner but I did prefer my Snark. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Finally joined the Helix club...better late than never!

I find the tuner fine tbh.  First thing I need to do is to stop the Tap/Tuner red light from flashing.
  • duotone said:

I find the tuner fine tbh.  First thing I need to do is to stop the Tap/Tuner red light from flashing.
    I believe that is possible through the global menu. 
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    duotone said:

I believe that is possible through the global menu. 
    Yeah after a quick google I found it.  If anyone else is interested it’s Global Settings > Displays > Knob 2 (Tap Tempo LED).

• seen DI saying on TGP that they have three HX Reverbs done and are working on more for he next FW update (not 2.30)
  • seen DI saying on TGP that they have three HX Reverbs done and are working on more for he next FW update (not 2.30)
    saw that, hoping they get some really nice modulated reverbs done first. the basic spring / hall / plate stuff are totally fine
    saw that, hoping they get some really nice modulated reverbs done first. the basic spring / hall / plate stuff are totally fine
    I like the 63 Spring and the plate is usable if not inspiring but the Hall is rubbish. IMO 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    seen DI saying on TGP that they have three HX Reverbs done and are working on more for he next FW update (not 2.30)
    I like the 63 Spring and the plate is usable if not inspiring but the Hall is rubbish. IMO 
    The halls I play are so empty I don’t need reverb ;)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:

not a fan of the tuner, either have a korg pitchblack or TU3 infornt of the input.

If you want to take advantage of Helix's input (123dB of dynamic range, programmable impedance circuit), you can use one of the sends and have Helix automatically route your guitar signal to your Pitchblack or TU-3 when engaging Helix's tuner. On the Tuner page, set Tuner Output to "Send 1/2" or "Send 3/4".
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

It's four reverbs now, but yes. We'll hopefully have them ready for a shortly-after-NAMM release.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

It's four reverbs now, but yes. We'll hopefully have them ready for a shortly-after-NAMM release.
    Eeerrr maaaaaahhh gaaaaaawwwd

ps. I once told you on here that I wasn't entirely satisfied with the Tubescreamer model. That's no longer the case. It's really very, very good. Well done guys
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Shortly after NAAM, that's end of JAN 2018, can't wait til then :)
  • HX Reverb. What's HX - sorry for the dumbass question
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    HX Reverb. What's HX - sorry for the dumbass question

Helix?
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    ^^dats what I translated HX to be. Bit like LP = Les Paul.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Yes , think it's just the brand name for their latest generation modelling 
  • It's what COSM is to boss. A name for the tech.
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    edited November 2017
    Aha. Thanks for confirming my stupidity :-) Wasn't sure if it was meant to be EHX, but was misspelled 
  • Digital_IglooDigital_Igloo Frets: 377
    edited November 2017
    HX is the DSP architecture used in Helix Floor, Rack, LT, and Native. The new editor software is called "HX Edit" so it might potentially apply to other products beyond Helix.

Five HX reverbs in the can now; they should show up shortly after NAMM.