Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    If they include good reverse and gated I'll be quite happy.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Will these be replacement or supplemental reverbs?
  • On Nov 14th it was 4 reverbs. On November 15th its 5. Can we therefore expect over 40 more in this release based on recent progress?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Are we already anticipating the firmware release AFTER the one that hasn’t been released yet :)

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Cabicular said:
    Are we already anticipating the firmware release AFTER the one that hasn’t been released yet :)

Want it all, and want it now :)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Cabicular said:

I'm so excited for 3.7, my balls are twitching...
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Are there any new amp models in the pipeline does anyone know?
  • simonk said:
    6 new channels from 4 amps in the next update due November 

• Cabicular said:

I'm just excited for the one that shuts all the Fractal fanboys up
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    simonk said:
    6 new channels from 4 amps in the next update due November 
    Oooh goody! Ta mate.

• Cabicular said:

That’ll be a few FW updates away then.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Cabicular said:

All it will need is some modulated reverbs for worshipping god, speaker compression settings cause it's like the best thing ever innit and a "mush" function that lops off anything above 4khz and compresses the fvck out of the guitar 
  • Oh, and then we can have people writing overly long posts/threads about how they had a Fractal unit for 5 minutes and realised it was totally junk and sent it back before the 30 day return policy was up
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, and then we can have people writing overly long posts/threads about how they had a Fractal unit for 5 minutes and realised it was totally junk and sent it back before the 30 day return policy was up

Cabicular said:

All it will need is some modulated reverbs for worshipping god, speaker compression settings cause it's like the best thing ever innit and a "mush" function that lops off anything above 4khz and compresses the fvck out of the guitar 

Eh?

You do realise it’s not a competition right? Everyone is just looking for what works for them... both L6 and Fractal are cool companies working to make stuff that makes making music better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • @guitarfishbay good comment. I' so sick of everything being turned into a competition.  No question both bits of gear are outstanding. We are lucky to have such choice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited November 2017
    @guitarfishbay good comment. I' so sick of everything being turned into a competition.  No question both bits of gear are outstanding. We are lucky to have such choice.
    I’d own both if I could justify it. I might’ve picked Fractal for my guitar needs but after trying Native I think Line 6 are killing it on the bass front. More choice and easier to dial in than the Fractal bass stuff IMO, and I’ve had my unit a few years now... took me minutes in Native to get bass sounds I was happy with, coming in with zero knowledge of how to get the best from it. Well, actually I’d owned some of the gear and it just worked with the controls I was expecting,  it you know what I mean... Good stuff 
  • @guitarfishbay good comment. I' so sick of everything being turned into a competition.  No question both bits of gear are outstanding. We are lucky to have such choice.
    There are companies in this industry that often toe (and occasionally step over) the line with regard to ethics, but Fractal has never been one of them. Kemper, Atomic, and Roland are also filled with cool people who love gear.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

• Cabicular said:

Sorry, I fuelled that...was only kidding. I thought us Fractal lot got on well with you Helix guys, tbh. I like this Helix thread, it’s one of the threads I like to check out most days because I like to see how stuff is evolving for both companies. 

The guys above are right, it shouldn’t be a competition as much as it is just a search for what works for you, if that’s the Helix then more power to you! Enjoy it
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Calm down guys I was being highly facetious. I only have a Helix because of the flashing lights and stribbke scripts anyway
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27585
    @guitarfishbay good comment. I' so sick of everything being turned into a competition.  No question both bits of gear are outstanding. We are lucky to have such choice.
    There are companies in this industry that often toe (and occasionally step over) the line with regard to ethics, but Fractal has never been one of them. Kemper, Atomic, and Roland are also filled with cool people who love gear.
    Well said. If only Line6 could join that group, eh? ;)

(this, I hope, is a very obvious joke)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom