Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Bands You Don't Like

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11745
    p90fool said:
    I am so sick of local (I mean it, it hurts, they're local) Local Dub Step people my age getting a break, local rap, but when you write a rock song, it's not going to get signed because rock labels are pop labels today.

I'm from Thornton Heath, we're getting people get signed all over now, but not in rock.
    Whenever I try I get turned down.
    Why should I change my art when they can just sign me?
    You should have made this the OP instead of waiting five pages, then we would've known from the off what you were upset about.

Concentrate on playing your guitar and enjoying your music, being signed comes with its own pressures you may not even be ready for.  
    The other thing to do is look at the young musicians succeeding thanks to social media and youtube?

You could also just go on x factor of you want to be a star?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22731
    darthed1981 said:
    Well.... you could go on X Factor if you want to be on telly for a few weeks, have every shred of creativity beaten out of you, have a minor Christmas hit with a cover version, then be quietly dropped by Syco Records before ever releasing your album.  But everyone will have forgotten you by then anyway.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    Philly_Q said:

Well.... you could go on X Factor if you want to be on telly for a few weeks, have every shred of creativity beaten out of you, have a minor Christmas hit with a cover version
    Mmmmm.

But then I'd get celebrity this, and I'm a celebrity that, and features in the mags, and maybe a spin off TV show on a satellite channel that no-one ever watches.

15 minutes never lasted so long.

Or was spent so wastefully.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    Philly_Q said:

Well.... you could go on X Factor if you want to be on telly for a few weeks, have every shred of creativity beaten out of you, have a minor Christmas hit with a cover version
    Mmmmm.

But then I'd get celebrity this, and I'm a celebrity that, and features in the mags, and maybe a spin off TV show on a satellite channel that no-one ever watches.

15 minutes never lasted so long.

Or was spent so wastefully.
    Yeah, true for some of them.  And I guess that is being a "star", by modern standards.
  • Has to be a band? Cos I struggle to hate bands - artists on the other hand... Akon. Fuck me. That "Lonely" song with the god awful high pitch auto tuned voice one of the worst things I've ever heard!

I think the only rap artists I've ever been able to get into is Eminem, and Goldie Lookin Chain (because they're just so damn funny!) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • The British GnR? That could have been Crazyhead. If they'd have caught on.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    The British GnR? That could have been Crazyhead. If they'd have caught on.
    I noticed Crazyhead have been back doing some gigs again this year
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I think it was already established that the Rolling Stones are the UK's answer to GnR.
    Axel came along strutting his stuff, and a couple of guys called Mick & Keith sitting in their flat stood up and said:

"I bet if we tried really hard we could copy that exact style of music" 

And thus.. The UK's answer to GnRs was born.

True Story.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Blimey I hadn't read this when we were talking about it in the indian @Bridgehouse @Alnico @Phil_aka_Pip !
    I used to hate Morrissey's voice and songs and by extension The Smiths but I occasionally get a bit nostalgic when I hear one now.  And I quite like Johnny Marr's more recent stuff.
    Anyway there were a few LOLs in this thread so cheers for that.  
  • horse said:
    I noticed Crazyhead have been back doing some gigs again this year
    I saw Crazyhead at the Town and Country Club in the early 90's. Wasn't their bass player called Pigman or something like that? Great band (but not as good as The Darkness)!
    Link to my trading feedback
  • munckee said:

Are these the same dudes who get all possessive of their wives when you want to sleep with them? (the wives) if so they are just rotters huh.

I see two people kissing, one of them's my wife... I'm going to ignore all personal freedoms and liberties and assert my right I just gave myself to bust it up. Then I'm going to tell my wife what to do as well as her lover...

See... It doesn't quite work in the UK.
    If you're kissing someone's wife, and get caught, do not take shit from the husband/Lesbian wife; If they attack you, call the police, fore you and the wife aren't breaking any laws and the husband/Lesbian wife is committing the offence by ordering you about like they've got the authority I'm afraid; the UK is a wonderful country where spouses don't own each other and outside of contract, no one can order someone to do anything.
  • If you don't like it @munckee; Move to Saudi Arabia!
    Long live The UK.

• At best, you just cite it in the divorce as grounds for divorce and try get half of their stuff.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12326
    munckee said:

Are these the same dudes who get all possessive of their wives when you want to sleep with them? (the wives) if so they are just rotters huh.

I see two people kissing, one of them's my wife... I'm going to ignore all personal freedoms and liberties and assert my right I just gave myself to bust it up. Then I'm going to tell my wife what to do as well as her lover...

See... It doesn't quite work in the UK.
    If you're kissing someone's wife, and get caught, do not take shit from the husband/Lesbian wife; If they attack you, call the police, fore you and the wife aren't breaking any laws and the husband/Lesbian wife is committing the offence by ordering you about like they've got the authority I'm afraid; the UK is a wonderful country where spouses don't own each other and outside of contract, no one can order someone to do anything.
    If I caught some chap with missus munckee he wouldn't be able to call the police after his bunch of fives.  
  • Another interesting turn of events in the thread - Lesbian you seem to have a strange idea what constitutes a normal romantic relationship, and what is or isnt generally accepted in them
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Another interesting turn of events in the thread - Lesbian you seem to have a strange idea what constitutes a normal romantic relationship, and what is or isnt generally accepted in them
    He believes in a thing called love
    33reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Another interesting turn of events in the thread - Lesbian you seem to have a strange idea what constitutes a normal romantic relationship, and what is or isnt generally accepted in them
    BRILLIANT!! You Sir win the thread!!!!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    BRISTOL86 said:
    BRILLIANT!! You Sir win the thread!!!!!
    I thank you :) 
    Philly_Q said:
    darthed1981 said:
    Well.... you could go on X Factor if you want to be on telly for a few weeks, have every shred of creativity beaten out of you, have a minor Christmas hit with a cover version, then be quietly dropped by Syco Records before ever releasing your album.  But everyone will have forgotten you by then anyway.
    But if all you want is your 15 minutes....?

The OP was apparently bitter about not being SIGNED, i.e. he considers himself a professional and presumably regularly gigging musician of some talent, but that is not enough for him?

So getting SIGNED maybe a synonym for wanting 15 minutes in the spotlight, which X Factor certainly provides?
    Philly_Q said:
    darthed1981 said:
    But if all you want is your 15 minutes....?

The OP was apparently bitter about not being SIGNED, i.e. he considers himself a professional and presumably regularly gigging musician of some talent, but that is not enough for him?

So getting SIGNED maybe a synonym for wanting 15 minutes in the spotlight, which X Factor certainly provides?
    Yep, you may be right.  And they're even letting people do original material on X Factor nowadays, so we could get to hear our friend doing something inspired by (...but not in imitation of...) Guns N' Roses.