Quad Jam Session - sound recordings

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    impmann said:
    A great day! Yes, genuinely, I didn’t know one of the tracks I played on - and some of the others I hadn’t played since the 1990s, hence one or two jazz notes.
    The Pretty Vacant car crash still makes me laugh (as I know it does Colin) as I definitely had a ‘senior moment ‘ there...
    There were plenty of those moments by lots of us throughout that day - so you aren't alone!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

It was a cracking day, I had a shed load of fun and learnt a lot despite having driven for 3 days to get there! 
    I forgot just how far you drove on your circuitous route!
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Thanks for posting these @TTony .  And thanks to all on the day, it was good fun although the recordings show that my playing wasn't as good as it seemed on the day (not that I thought it was "good" at all, just acceptable would have done!).

aord43 said:
    Thanks for posting these @TTony .  And thanks to all on the day, it was good fun although the recordings show that my playing wasn't as good as it seemed on the day (not that I thought it was "good" at all, just acceptable would have done!).

Recordings always show up every little error - you listen a lot harder and in more detail. A live recording is also a very difficult thing to do!

Most importantly though, it's a chance to listen back, see where you went right/wrong and then practise/improve - lots of people record their practise at home to listen back with a more critical ear. I certainly spotted a few bits from my playing where I need to practise/work! 

Certainly don't be disappointed about it - everyone did a really good job, and don't forget you got some valuable experience playing live with other people - next time you will be more relaxed and more confident.

I'm hoping this is a good encourager for lots of other newcomers to think about doing a Jam and getting that valuable experience.

It does go to show how much work goes into a well oiled and tight live act tho....
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I thought the rhythm guitarist on the first version of 'Beat it' was top notch!! Nailed that main riff!! ;)

Seriously though, really enjoyed the day even if it was a bit scary having to play so early on the list. Thought everyone did a great job, and it was really well organised.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:

I thought the rhythm guitarist on the first version of 'Beat it' was top notch!! Nailed that main riff!! ;)

Seriously though, really enjoyed the day even if it was a bit scary having to play so early on the list. Thought everyone did a great job, and it was really well organised.

There was an awful lot of duck syndrome going on - calm on the surface, legs paddling like buggery underneath ;)

I hope lots of people got some valuable experience out of it
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    blobb said:
    Great stuff!
    One of these days I'm gonna do a "way out west" fretboard Jam and travel over to the hills. Fancy it?
    Possibly.......    
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    Great day much fun had by all! :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    Thanks for the audio files. 

I've been a bit quiet on here and haven't signed up for any jams this year as work has been mental either side of two weeks holiday in the Amazon.

I've enjoyed playing back all the files and learning from them. 

It would be a shame not to meet fretboarders again and I'll be signing up for jams next year,

Chris.
    slacker said:
    Thanks for the audio files. 

I've been a bit quiet on here and haven't signed up for any jams this year as work has been mental either side of two weeks holiday in the Amazon.

I've enjoyed playing back all the files and learning from them. 

It would be a shame not to meet fretboarders again and I'll be signing up for jams next year,

Chris.
    You need to change you name!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    I don't think that

Mrtoobusytoplayguitar

Is better than slacker (which is a convenient genre label not my work ethic)