David Cassidy RIP

What's Hot
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42076323

Sad news, I loved the Partridge family as a kid and I always thought he was the most talented of the teen hearthrobs of the early 70s.
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9657
    Not my cup of tea, but still sad when someone dies young(ish). 67 isn't that old nowadays. I heard something on the radio earlier today saying his fanclub had more members than the Beatles.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    edited November 2017
    I heard David Cassidy interviewed a few years back and he came across as a sound, nice human being. 
    I was always a bit "anti" Cassidy and manufactured pop when I was so much younger but that was because I couldn't appreciate that the music business wasn't all about authenticity. 
    The Wreaking Crew who played the Cassidy sessions were a case in point.  It didn't occur to me that you could be a serious musician and play whatever guff paid your mortgage.
    Cassidy himself sang.  Pretty well.  No autotune.  Not just a pretty face.

And, "I Think I Love You" has a great hook.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    He had an ear for a good tune, too.  He had the first hit with "I Write The Songs" before Barry Manilow adopted it as his theme tune.

I also recall him doing a couple of songs by Harry Nilsson - "Puppy Song" was one.  Cant remember if it was a double-A-side single, or if he did others, but that one sticks in my mind, as I had the album "Harry" from which "Puppy Song" came.

RIP.

• Apparently a very good guitarist as well.
  • He was my sister's favourite so amongst some of the first music I remember. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.