Merseyside Guitar Show - Sunday 26th Nov - Aintree Race Course

2»

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    ^^^^^^ - I did okay as well - slightly down on takings compared to Kempton, but only a bit so no issue - steady stream most of the day and like you struggled to have a good luck around other than a fleeting trip around the ground floor and next level only - Hence I purchased nothing but did say a couple of potential options

Have a break now - next show is 3 months away 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    I went to see my mate Andy who does the Green Carrot pedals, I did see a few things I liked but not many. Didnt twig Blug was playing, missed out there. I liked the DWJ amps, they were cool. was disappointed by the lack of exhibitors on the demo floor though.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Philtre said:

ref strings at £4 - taking black Friday deals out of the equation, as a matter of interest who now in the UK sells major brands like E ball, or D'addario at £4 a set - I thought those days had gone - our cost price has risen significantly in the last 2 years or so
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAddario-EXL110-Electric-Guitar-Strings-10-46-Regular-Light-Gauge/302535197733?epid=16008271650&hash=item467080c425:g:XgQAAOSwGwlZ96ex

And, yes, they are genuine as I have some and checked the s/n

And it might be nice for some folks to sell a 3-pack for something south of £16. LIke this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ernie-Ball-Super-Slinky-Electric-Guitar-Strings-3-Sets-FREE-UK-Shipping/322898291354?hash=item4b2e3cea9a:g:c4cAAOSwe09Z8hBw

Never seen anybody selling sex toys and guitar strings! I don't think they would allow butt plugs at guitar shows.... only ear plugs

They have likely bought up liquidated stock or something as you can't buy official strings at that price from anywhere, selling price indicates they are trying to shift the stock fast rather than get best deal for it. remembering ebays 10% fees and paypals 20p transaction fee + shipping cost, he is only getting £2.40 per string set
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Here's a nifty highlights vid of the Merseyside Guitar Show from JT Guitar with a bit about Fredric Effects around the 12:50 mark. I was a little frazzled by this stage of the show!