Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Band members playing the wrong chords..

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    Is it "Does your mother know?"

If it is, I'd say it would sound shit without the Cm

(Ok, it would still sound shit with the Cm, but I take Emp's point..)
    Well spotted! We do that song too. Yep, you can’t play C major there! No way. The keys should be emphasising the D to Eb there. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    @Bridgehouse - You're a clever man!  Well spotted.  We are actually doing the Ash version, which is heavier.  As far as Si_'s comment that "95% of the forum wouldn't notice” if a major is played instead of a minor, I think you don't know this forum very well and it's a bit insulting!  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Si_ said:
    <snip>
    It's not for the wrong chords of for the asking questions/raising the issue, it's for the childish "I'll just turn up and drown everyone out who's wrong".. That's not beneficial to the band, or helpful for anyone.  Turning up and starting a volume war is not "wanting to make the band sound as good as it could be".

<snip>
    @Si_ ;Fair enough. I didn't pick that up first time through and can only agree. 
    It was slightly tongue-in-cheek.  There is no 'volume war'.  The band members are mates, the only one playing the major is the keyboard player and I just play the minor.  It is an attempt to get the sound better though, as, having heard it, it sounds better when only one of us is playing the wrong chord.
    It was slightly tongue-in-cheek.  There is no 'volume war'.  The band members are mates, the only one playing the major is the keyboard player and I just play the minor.  It is an attempt to get the sound better though, as, having heard it, it sounds better when only one of us is playing the wrong chord.
  • Emp_Fab said:
    I knew that. I was just apologising to Si for misunderstanding which bit of your behaviour he was so upset by. 

Still a shame that you can't just sort it out together and move onwards though. Maybe you could persuade the keys that it sounds better if you all play a C5 (but you play the Cm anyway...)