Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Young player having fun

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2607
edited December 2017 in Music tFB Trader

He really looks like he enjoys that   

3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Damn.

Excuse me for a minute while I set fire to all of my guitars.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    tFB Trader
    dbphoto said:
    Damn.

Excuse me for a minute while I set fire to all of my guitars.

Innit !!!! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Omg good lad  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    JoBo’s offspring?
    tFB Trader
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6673
    He could become a session player, a player in a serious covers/tribute band, or he may just realise that he has something of his own to say after a while. In which case he'll quite possibly do really well for himself creatively. 

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    merlin said:
    He could become a session player, a player in a serious covers/tribute band, or he may just realise that he has something of his own to say after a while. In which case he'll quite possibly do really well for himself creatively. 

Hopefully it’s the latter. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I sometimes wonder when a kid is good at such a young age if they will actually just get bored of it all by the time they hit college or their first job..??
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Rabs said:
    I sometimes wonder when a kid is good at such a young age if they will actually just get bored of it all by the time they hit college or their first job..??

Yeah, life is for living, not spending every hour of the day playing a guitar.  A child has to develop social skills, play football, run around and things normal children do.  That is why videos like these make me wonder what kind of parent(s) the child has.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Rocker said:
    Rabs said:

Yeah, life is for living, not spending every hour of the day playing a guitar.  A child has to develop social skills, play football, run around and things normal children do.  That is why videos like these make me wonder what kind of parent(s) the child has.
    The way he's dressed makes me wonder that
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    I never find these precocious kid videos interesting as you know it’s all mimicry. What genuine emotions is a 10-year old kid putting in their playing? “My dad just grounded me, I got no pocket money and the rain is coming down oh yeah”.

Also kids that grow up to fast tend to have ‘issues’ later in life. If he’s genuinely enjoying it I don’t have a problem but if he’s being pushed (and the promotion over social media suggests he is) then I disagree with it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    pia98jf said:
    I never find these precocious kid videos interesting as you know it’s all mimicry. What genuine emotions is a 10-year old kid putting in their playing? “My dad just grounded me, I got no pocket money and the rain is coming down oh yeah”.

Also kids that grow up to fast tend to have ‘issues’ later in life. If he’s genuinely enjoying it I don’t have a problem but if he’s being pushed (and the promotion over social media suggests he is) then I disagree with it.
    I like to think I had genuine emotions at that age that were perfectly valid. Just because they’re different issues to what an older person faces doesn’t make them less concerning (for want of a better word) for the kid. 

You could say what emotion can someone like Slash or Mayer or JoBo put into their playing when they’re rich and famous and have nothing to worry about...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    pia98jf said:

I think YouTube has brought in a new wave of pushy stage parents trying to make their kids the next big YouTube hit.

I saw a video a few weeks ago of a little girl playing the eruption solo perfectly and it's very impressive when a young person has learned to play something so well but that one didn't have the "forcedness" with the costume changes and acting. 

I don't think that guitar playing emotion is a translation of real life emotions but I do get the impression that boy is just acting the part (which is nothing against him, children play, no one expects them to find guitar playing genuinely emotional).
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited December 2017
    one of my 7 year old students who has had the sum total of 3 hours tuition from me, sat down and wrote a song about how the fox caught his pet chicken! Remember - 0-3 hours only! Is not just the strumming he's got right but he has got structure and presentation into this!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19H4xaXScerXirMcA9Kp8n5Fjix3T6WYW

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• pia98jf said:

So now you have to have seen some shit in your life in order for your playing to have any meaning at all? What a load of BS. I think you can tell fairly well just from his video intros that this kid has as mind of his own and isn't just a guitar playing droid of a child. 

I truly hope he isn't being overly pushed, obviously the skill levels he's showing require some serious practice hours, but you're finding an awful lot of negatives purely the basis that he's an astonishingly good player for his age. I say good on him, he's better than I'll ever be and probably has more talent in his small toenail that I do in my whole body.
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    edited December 2017
    beowulf said:
    So now you have to have seen some shit in your life in order for your playing to have any meaning at all? What a load of BS. I think you can tell fairly well just from his video intros that this kid has as mind of his own and isn't just a guitar playing droid of a child. 

Um no, but in the videos I saw of him he was playing blues. What does a kid his age know about the blues (in both senses)?

I don’t know, it wasn’t meant to be taken entirely seriously but there is an element of freak show about these kind of videos imo.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    "one of my greatest influences growing up..." excuse me?  Growing up?  You're like 12 years old haha! 

Judging by the production values, view count etc I get a feeling this is a encouraging/pushy parent and a kid who probably just enjoys playing the guitar in front of the camera. 

Fair play to him though if he's making a little bit of pocket money out of something he obviously enjoys doing.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    pia98jf said:
    beowulf said:

Um no, but in the videos I saw of him he was playing blues. What does a kid his age know about the blues (in both senses)?
    A damn sight more than me judging by the video 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I’m struggling to understand some of the negativity and assumptions being made here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom