Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Songs you like by bands you DONT like!

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    I've avoided this thread for days, as I fully expected it to be another anti The Darkness thread... Turns out I was wrong, so I'll give you;

Sympathy with the devil by the stones... 

Because everything else they ever did was total wank
    Troll
    I've not heard than one. How does it go?
    Sounds a bit like "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" by the Darkness I think...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    Manic Street Preachers -- "Your Love Alone is Not Enough"

• On Toto i love Rosanna. Playing it nightly in the band and still not sick of it. The solo on 'hold the line' is a stone cold classic in that style. The contour is perfect.
  • On Toto i love Rosanna. Playing it nightly in the band and still not sick of it. The solo on 'hold the line' is a stone cold classic in that style. The contour is perfect.
    Alright, I like Africa AND Hold The Line. A lot. But I just don't like Toto apart from those. Rosanna really grates on me, personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sugababes - Overload.

Fantastic song. I want to hear Tom Waits covering this.

• Local Boy in the Photograph by Stereophonics.

it was the first song I ever heard by them and thought they would be a great new band. Christ was I wrong. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    edited December 2017
    The Coldplay song with apes in the video. I don't even know what it's called, but I like the catchy keyboard riff and I like the video.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 971
    Freebird said:
    Cheers @Freebird. I hadn’t heard that song before.

For me it’s not just one song, it’s a band...The Smashing Pumpkins.  I should love them, some great riffs/guitar playing/guitar tones/arrangements etc.  But after listening to a couple of songs I usually end up jumping to another album & continuing the cycle until I turn them off.  I don’t know maybe it’s the vocals or something else that I just don’t "get", I just can’t put my finger on what it is.

• duotoneduotone Frets: 971

axisus said:
    The Coldplay song with apes in the video. I don't even know what it's called, but I like the catchy keyboard riff and I like the video.
    https://youtu.be/QtXby3twMmI
  • Snow Patrol - Set The Fire To The Third Bar
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ICBM said:
    the_jaffa said:
    I can't stand Snow Patrol. They're music for people who have given up on life but I hate to admit that I do kinda like Run (I think it's that one; I'm not going to look it up in case I stumble on some of their usual shite)
    Set The Fire To The Third Bar is their best song by far - the one with Martha Wainwright. It's the only one I really like, mostly because it doesn't sound the same as all the others...
    -Snow Patrol are the epitome of the "great before they were famous" bands. 

Their first two records are absolutely glorious lo-fi indie. The third LP was OK but was clearly aimed at "going mainstream" and everything since then was distinctly meh. 

Get Balsamic Vinegar... Quick You Fool / Starfighter Pilot / 100 Things You Should Have Done In Bed / When It's All Over We Still Have To Clear Up / An Olive Grove Facing The Sea are all great tracks. 
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    If you tolerate this then your children will be next by Manic Street Preachers.

The emphasis put on their name really annoys me. It should be Manic, Street Preachers (Street Preachers who are Manic) but DJ's always say it Manic Street, Preachers (the Preachers of Manic Street) which makes no sense at all. 

Either way don't like the band, love the song. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    Not a band, but Beth Orton. I've really tried hard to like her but I just don't - apart from 'Stolen Car', which is a brilliant song, also helped by having Ben Harper playing on it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I remember when x factor person, I think it was Leona Lewis, sang Run and I said to my wife it was not as good as snow patrols version, as gary whatsisname has slightly self-hating loser in his voice which Leona didn't.  She thought I was nuts/wrong.

Manics did some really good early stuff, You Love Us, loves sweet exile, motorcycle emptiness.
  • cpcompany said:
    Local Boy in the Photograph by Stereophonics.

it was the first song I ever heard by them and thought they would be a great new band. Christ was I wrong. 
    Was The Bartender and the Thief for me. Upbeat,  rawkus and good fun. Unlike almost all of the rest of their output.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71955
    It seems the other way round for me - I recently realised I don’t actually like the Stereophonics much, but the tracks I do are the more downbeat, thoughtful ones not the shouty rockier ones. Unfortunately the latter dominate the albums.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• @ICBM funny you mention Beth Orton, I only really love this song and nothing else, rest of the cd was fairly disappointing. 

Same thing with James Mcmorrow

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    ICBM said:
    It seems the other way round for me - I recently realised I don’t actually like the Stereophonics much, but the tracks I do are the more downbeat, thoughtful ones not the shouty rockier ones. Unfortunately the latter dominate the albums.
    Just looking is a great song, and thousand trees.  Much ordinary stuff though like pick a part thats new, mr writer etc.
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Sugababes - Overload.

Fantastic song. I want to hear Tom Waits covering this.

Love this song too.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread