Cloud based DAW

hoofheartedhoofhearted Frets: 37
edited December 2017 in Studio & Recording
Hi Guys, 

I want to start working on some demos, and I was thinking that it would be handy to use a simple cloud based DAW for getting some ideas together which would also allow other collaborators to simply login to and add tracks and ideas to.

It doesn't need to be too fancy I just need something that is VERY simple to use! I've used a few other softwares in the past and by the time I get set up and ready to record something im ready to throw the laptop out the window!

Anyone have any experience with a preferably free one that supports multiple users with decent built in guitar effects?

I've been looking at AudioTool and it looks like it could be good
https://www.audiotool.com/

Thanks Folks!
Darren

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• just use wav files and share them on dropbox or something like that?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Yeah @meltedbuzzbox i set up Reaper and Amplitube last night and it seems great, think sharing the files like you say might be the best solution for now. Thanks!

Ps how did the 2016 no GAS challenge go?

• I think I lasted 8 months...

I'm doing better each year, I don't think I will buy anything next year. I'm just after a 5 string bass for recording then I am doneski
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I used this: https://www.ohmstudio.com/ to collaborate with a friend on this: 

At the time Ohm Studio was in its demo-phase and subsequently became paid; but it looks like they have a free option now. It worked really well for us at the time.
  • @colourofsound that looks class I might try it out, does it work with plugins like amplitude?

• @colourofsound that looks class I might try it out, does it work with plugins like amplitude?

I think it works with standard VSTs, but i'd recommend bouncing a track with plugins (i think there is a freeze option in Ohm) in case your collabs don't have the same plugins.