Pearl Jam Euro dates announced Help

What's Hot

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    Might be a blessing. I almost died at the last PJ gig I attended. It was full of psychos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Deadman said:
    Might be a blessing. I almost died at the last PJ gig I attended. It was full of psychos.

Really? I find there's usually a fairly middle age audience at their shows. I managed to get tickets this morning, but not standing sadly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    well couldnt get tickets through o2 priority so its now in the lap of the gods on Friday morning. can bet your house that 3 minutes after 9 the usual fucking leechs will have the tickets on sale for 3 x the value.  :p

Get me in is already awash with tickets for 3 times their value. It's quite annoying given Pearl Jam made a huge effort to tour without using Ticketmaster back in the day that they aren't making an effort to thwart touts now. A simple system like iron maiden have employed works and means fans get tickets instead of touts
    Its not just PJ the whole system is a fucking shambles, and its us, the actual fans that are being arse fucked every single time. 

Livenation owns all these companies 

“Given that the one common denominator surrounding these gigs is Live Nation, which owns Ticketmaster, GetMeIn and Seatwave, one would expect the company to be able to give consumers 100% certainty that they’re not being taken for a ride on prices.”

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/apr/17/ticketmaster-accused-touts-network-subsidiaries-fanfair-alliance
  • underdog said:
     I managed to get tickets this morning, but not standing sadly.
    Do they have different standing sections for different moods?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    well couldnt get tickets through o2 priority so its now in the lap of the gods on Friday morning. can bet your house that 3 minutes after 9 the usual fucking leechs will have the tickets on sale for 3 x the value.  :p

Get me in is already awash with tickets for 3 times their value. It's quite annoying given Pearl Jam made a huge effort to tour without using Ticketmaster back in the day that they aren't making an effort to thwart touts now. A simple system like iron maiden have employed works and means fans get tickets instead of touts
    Its not just PJ the whole system is a fucking shambles, and its us, the actual fans that are being arse fucked every single time. 

Livenation owns all these companies 

“Given that the one common denominator surrounding these gigs is Live Nation, which owns Ticketmaster, GetMeIn and Seatwave, one would expect the company to be able to give consumers 100% certainty that they’re not being taken for a ride on prices.”

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/apr/17/ticketmaster-accused-touts-network-subsidiaries-fanfair-alliance

But they could employ a system where you have to provide the bank card that bought the tickets at point of entry if they wanted to actually help fans get tickets. 
  • Am thing just ours me off from going to live shows. Horrible  :-(
    Am thing just ours me off from going to live shows. Horrible  :-(

Ah right didn't think, sorry, didn't realise you were there.
  • Snagged two tickets to the O2 this morning. I entered the lottery as I am a 10c member but didn't win anything. Helpfully it seems the 10c have managed to get a few early tickets for the unlucky ones from the lottery draw!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    underdog said:
    Deadman said:

Really? I find there's usually a fairly middle age audience at their shows. I managed to get tickets this morning, but not standing sadly.
    It was Hyde Park and all of the nutters were foreigners.

Glad you got tickets.
  • Woke up this morning to find that Mrs Mikeyrob HAD managed to get tickets through o2 Priority and had kept it secret till my birthday today !! what a great birthday present, tickets for the Tuesday 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Woke up this morning to find that Mrs Mikeyrob HAD managed to get tickets through o2 Priority and had kept it secret till my birthday today !! what a great birthday present, tickets for the Tuesday 

That's awesome and happy birthday
  • Thinking about going to the Krakow date now.... Anybody visited there before??
  • yeah have to admit thats a pretty awesome present, was lost for words 
  • Absolutely not going to London on a Monday/Tuesday night. I'll lose two days leave and probably barely get near the stage. Love this band, but they need to realise London is not the centre of the earth. A Manchester/Leeds and Scottish/Welsh date would have been good. I would have paid good money to see them up north.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TBF @Musicman20 ; the last twice i seen them was Manchester and Leeds so they have been up here, just not this time.
    Tours are very London centric now, I've had to go there twice last year to see Eddie and guns n roses (which to be fair were probably the best 2 shows I've ever seen)

Travelling from South Wales means the cost of the tickets is the least of my worries, with hotel, fuel and parking ending up costing 3 or 4 times the price of admission.
  • underdog said:
    Tours are very London centric now, I've had to go there twice last year to see Eddie and guns n roses (which to be fair were probably the best 2 shows I've ever seen)

Travelling from South Wales means the cost of the tickets is the least of my worries, with hotel, fuel and parking ending up costing 3 or 4 times the price of admission.
    As a SW person aswell I totally agree. It doesn't make much odds to me whether bands play London or Manchester, I still normally choose London. Every single gig this year has been there: U2, Alter Bridge, Iron Maiden, John Mayer and a couple of others.
  • goatgoat Frets: 98
    Congrats and happy birthday @mikeyrob73 No Irish show AGAIN this tour, Im stuck in a queue for Amsterdam tickets here...
  • Cheers @goat ;

have Mark Lanegan gig tonight in Leeds to Celebrate as well :-) 

• £85 per ticket (£75 + service charge). No chance.
    Especially on a Monday/Tuesday night, at the O2 which is a ball-ache to get to for me.

I saw a PJ tribute band this year, from Liverpool, and they were absolutely incredible. I know it's not the same thing, but I just want to hear the music played live, raw, and energetic. £15 I think that was.

I'm gonna look at the foreign dates, and make a weekend of it. Or a festival.