Taylor ES2

What's the recommended way to plug into a PA?

Straight into the mixer... or via a pre-amp?  If the latter... which pre-amps work well with the ES2?

I also have an old Trace Elliot TA50r acoustic amp... would the guitar sound better if I plugged into that - so I use the TA50r as a monitor and take a line out to the PA mixer for front of house?

Thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Assume that it'll need a little compression, EQ and maybe Reverb. To sound best

You've basically got two options, and it's just a case of what sounds best to your ears and what's most practical for you...

1. Straight into PA, let the sound guy handle EQ, Compression and Reverb - This is often the best option if you've got a good sound guy, a good PA. That's because he's in the prime listening spot and can dial everything in while you can just focus on your playing
    2. A dedicated Acoustic DI system that has those effects built in - plenty of options on the market but Fishman for eg do some great stuff. You can do a little EQing, etc and it's all optimised for acoustic. Also worth noting that while not ideal you can get away with 'normal' guitar effects. For eg I've in the past liked to put my acoustic through a Wampler Ego compressor and a Neunaber Wet Reverb then DI box to PA. That was a real quick way to a great acoustic sound.
    Full disclosure: I'm a terrible guitar player. Work for Reverb.com as their UK Marketing Director and prior to that was Head of Digital Marketing at Andertons for 6 years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom