Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Perpetual pedal prevarication

What's Hot

Comments

• None here either. Thankfully for my bank (in)balance, despite my love of all things Pedal, I tend to be pretty decisive. 

That said, I’d have absolutely no problem with owning another Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude. 
    I thought it was just because you don't sell pedals - they just get assimilated into The Board... ;)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • None here either. Thankfully for my bank (in)balance, despite my love of all things Pedal, I tend to be pretty decisive. 

That said, I’d have absolutely no problem with owning another Fairfield Circuitry Meet Maude. 
    I thought it was just because you don't sell pedals - they just get assimilated into The Board... ;)
    I’ve downsized! I did a cull late summer! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Look, it’s tiny now :)

http://i.imgur.com/yDenXq7.jpg

(gap is for an incoming Warped Vinyl)
  • :D That's frickin HUGE! Although, having gone up to a PT2, I can totally appreciate the "big board" thing. I wouldn't gig with anything bigger than a PTJr, ideally, but the things you can do with multiple pedals working together... 
  • Look, it’s tiny now :)

http://i.imgur.com/yDenXq7.jpg

(gap is for an incoming Warped Vinyl)
    :D That's frickin HUGE! Although, having gone up to a PT2, I can totally appreciate the "big board" thing. I wouldn't gig with anything bigger than a PTJr, ideally, but the things you can do with multiple pedals working together... 
    Naaaaa - it was a Grande, now a Pro. It’s basically a grab board. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Naaaaa - it was a Grande, now a Pro. It’s basically a hernia waiting to happen. 
    FTFY.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Binty, you're a treasure, mate.

Here's my, shameful, list.

- Marvel Drive v3 x3 (bought mine back once by accident)
    - EHX Deluxe Memory Man x3 (big box x1 XO x2)
    - Ernie Ball Volume Pedal x3
    - El Cap x2
    - DIG x2 (What a pedal!)
    - Nova Delay x2
    - FTT Flight Time x2
    - Line 6 DL4 x2
    - CE-2 x2
    - Amptweaker TMP x2 (bought mine back)
    - SA EQ x2
    - SA Nemesis x2
    - Thorpy Muffroom Cloud x2
    - Thorpy Gunshot x2 (amazing pedal)
    - RYRA Klone x2 (to serve a different purpose on the board - owned both at the same time)
    - Supermoon Chorme x2
    - Mooer Ensemble King x2
    - Mooer Ninety Orange x2
    - Lehle Mono Volume x2
    - Buffalo M-1 Fuzz x2

...yeah, I don't miss pedals.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • None for me - but there are some that I wish I hadn't sold...
  • Binty, you're a treasure, mate.

Here's my, shameful, list.

- Marvel Drive v3 x3 (bought mine back once by accident)
    - EHX Deluxe Memory Man x3 (big box x1 XO x2)
    - Ernie Ball Volume Pedal x3
    - El Cap x2
    - DIG x2 (What a pedal!)
    - Nova Delay x2
    - FTT Flight Time x2
    - Line 6 DL4 x2
    - CE-2 x2
    - Amptweaker TMP x2 (bought mine back)
    - SA EQ x2
    - SA Nemesis x2
    - Thorpy Muffroom Cloud x2
    - Thorpy Gunshot x2 (amazing pedal)
    - RYRA Klone x2 (to serve a different purpose on the board - owned both at the same time)
    - Supermoon Chorme x2
    - Mooer Ensemble King x2
    - Mooer Ninety Orange x2
    - Lehle Mono Volume x2
    - Buffalo M-1 Fuzz x2

...yeah, I don't miss pedals.
    Your confession has been noted, my son. That's 3 Hail Marys.
  • Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

The H9 just seems insanely expensive to me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm on my 2nd Helix...

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4510
    None for me - but there are some that I wish I hadn't sold...
    Pretty much this, although, i recenetly picked up a DopeFX Everything Zen to replace the Black Lotus i sold, the BL had more options but i only really used the EZ side of it anyways
  • Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

Actually this period of H9 prevarication came after getting a Möbius (prefer it to the H9 modulation sounds), so currently have all the big box Strymon pedals and really like them. 
  • I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    edited December 2017
    I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    Has the riot act been read regarding beer around the board?
  • I was pretty underwhelmed by the Timeline. It did everything well, but nothing remarkably. Hard to explain, but for want of a less wanky expression, it just didn’t move me. Delay being my favourite effect, it really should. The Moog goes without saying, but the Empress Super Delay was great too, and I’d high hopes when I ordered the TL, but no. Just beige. I probably should’ve tried the Empress Echo System instead. As it is, I put the Moog back on the board and clenched my arse. 
    Has the riot act been read regarding beer around the board?
    Very much so 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1616
    Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

What is this midi box? Can you steer me towards one? And does the MS need extensive surgery to work with it? 

Completely agree with the Timeline. I tried one 2 years ago just before I bought my last Timefactor, expecting to be wowed, but I found it really uninspiring. Not bad by a long shot, but I just couldn't hear what everyone else seems to love about it.

The Echosystem is the polar opposite. I can't find a bad sound in the thing. Just listen to this from 1:57. I ADORE that kind of sound in particular. 

• I’ve got a lot of time for the Empress stuff. Loved my super Delay. The Moog is hands down the best Delay there is which is why it went, but the SD was great as the cover-all work horse that still managed to please. I’d still be interested in an echo system but for the fact that I have the Polymoon now too. That, the H9 and the Moog really does cover me for Delay. 
  • I’ve got a lot of time for the Empress stuff. Loved my super Delay. The Moog is hands down the best Delay there is which is why it went, but the SD was great as the cover-all work horse that still managed to please. I’d still be interested in an echo system but for the fact that I have the Polymoon now too. That, the H9 and the Moog really does cover me for Delay. 
    I've stuck with the Timeline because I really like the user interface layout and I love the sounds. Stacking it with a Red Panda Particle can yield some great results. Really do like the Echosystem, though.