Rock Christmas Albums / Songs

What's Hot
FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2382
Yep, it's that time of year again...

What's your favourite rock-y Christmas album or song? For me, I always say that Don't Let the Bells End by The Darkness is a cracking Xmas tune... and I've just heard the Cheap Trick Christmas Christmas album on Spotify, and it's chuffing brilliant.

As well as that, I found this altered version on YouChoob, which also kicks serious bottom.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14165
    tFB Trader
    some of the Brian Setzer Christmas big band live concert is good

my 3 favourite single are Greg Lakes I believe in Father Christmas - yet not written as a pro Christmas song - But I like the bells, choir and a traditional 'Hark the Herald' type of character to this song

Plus Mariah Carey - but know many hate it

Then The Boss with Santa Claus is coming to town
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    edited December 2017
    Spinal Tap - Christmas with the Devil

On a tiny bit more serious note, the Darkness song is great, and Santa Claus by the Boss is great too - Mind you when i saw him in May 2016 and he played it live then.. odd song choice but still good

Anyone listened to the Twisted Sister Christmas album? :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2382
    LuttiS said:
    Spinal Tap - Christmas with the Devil

On a tiny bit more serious note, the Darkness song is great, and Santa Claus by the Boss is great too - Mind you when i saw him in May 2016 and he played it live then.. odd song choice but still good

Anyone listened to the Twisted Sister Christmas album? :)
    Yep - the TS album - and the Billy Idol 'Happy Holidays' album - always get a play from me in December :)
  • This gets an airing once a year.....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I like the Darkness one, also there's a great rarely played Xmas song by Extreme

just found it:

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Lynyrd Skynyrd have done a whole album of Xmas songs, but I've never heard it. Surely at least one TFP member has it hidden at the back of their collection? Go on - own up!
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1555
    edited December 2017
    How about "SantaMental" by Steve Lukather & Friends? Here's a link to a YouTube playlist below, it's a blend of traditional and Christmassy guitar rock! Joy To The World featuring a duel between Luke and EVH!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmyJBvT8CbJh6qF9NKbxzfag5tDhx5L2_

• You're welcome. 

• I found a YouTube playlist of 50 ska and reggae Xmas songs. All terrible. I'd pick Rudy Christmas A Jail by the Toasters as the only one I'd didn't hate. Even that's a bit crap really. 
    MrsTheWeary has some country Xmas albums somewhere but the sickliness of these would induce diabetes in any listener. 
    Wombling Merry Christmas ( nice bit of guitar) then I'm out. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Phil Spector classic Xmas album always gets played in the car on journeys to relatives for the last twenty five years plus, so much so that I bought my daughter her own copy to carry on the tradition with her husband and son.