Pearl Jam Euro dates announced Help

What's Hot

Comments

• @roundthebend ;
    its a couple of days away for us, so its like a wee holiday :-) 

i seen a PJ tribute band called Pearl Jam Uk a while back , they were pretty decent, is that the same one ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    I tried to get a single standing ticket - how can they have sold out 10 seconds after they go on sale????? The ticketing industry is a total con designed to make money for the middle men.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • @roundthebend ;
    its a couple of days away for us, so its like a wee holiday :-) 

i seen a PJ tribute band called Pearl Jam Uk a while back , they were pretty decent, is that the same one ? 
    Yeah, that's them. I saw them last year and they were really good. But saw them on their current tour (Leicester gig tonight) and they were incredible. They've nailed everything, except perhaps Eddie's voice, but the singer does a superb job anyway so it doesn't matter. I think it's just his Liverpool accent that comes through slightly on a couple of bits. They don't just do the hits either, they play stuff from the whole catalogue.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4663
    edited December 2017
    @mrkb ;;
    see my link showing that Live Nation, who own Ticketmaster also own various secondary ticket sites ( Getmein and Seatwave to name but 2) , its a complete and utter shambles. How this has not been flagged up as a massive conflict of interest is beyond me. Can only imagaine various MPs have shares in Livenation ;-) 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/apr/17/ticketmaster-accused-touts-network-subsidiaries-fanfair-alliance
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2017
    mrkb said:
    I tried to get a single standing ticket - how can they have sold out 10 seconds after they go on sale????? The ticketing industry is a total con designed to make money for the middle men.

Yeah couldn't get a single standing ticket in the O2 presale either, I think ten club get first dibs on them (which is fair enough I guess) and you can't just become a club member when a tour is announced to get in the pre sale, so it is the real fans getting them at least.

As I said before, I'm surprised given they were the band that tried to fight Ticketmaster, that they aren't doing more to stop touts getting tickets.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There's tickets available as I type on Amazon tickets at face value if anyone needs them
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    underdog said:
    There's tickets available as I type on Amazon tickets at face value if anyone needs them
    Thanks, I tried to buy one seated ticket from them but it never goes through to final completion - another case of crap systems!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Luckily since I've been in Manchester I think I've seen a record number of bands for me. It is just constant! 5 out of 7 days for gigs last week. Plus we have Leeds and Liverpool close-ish.

I'm off to see Weller and the Harry Potter play in London next year but to be honest, everything else I'd rather just wait and see stuff up here.

PJ should be great. They would have been great for 2-3 nights at Arena here.

• Hi everyone
    I thought I'd post on here rather than start a new thread :) 

I was lucky enough to get 2 tickets for the second night at the O2 (Tuesday 19th June) but not lucky enough to find someone to come with me! :'( I wonder if anyone is still looking for a ticket??? I would much rather one of you had it than use the re-selling websites which seem to be ramping up the prices so badly. 

I hope it's OK to post it on here, I am not looking to make a profit or anything, just want the ticket to go to someone who wants it :)  The only "catch" is you'd be sitting next to me ;) 

First time seeing Pearl Jam and first time at the O2 travelling from up North so I'm super excited :-D 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901

@Dazed_and_Confused - try putting it up in the classifieds on here, under "Misc £" - quite a few folk look in there.

edited June 2018
    @Dazed_and_Confused ;;
    i shall be there on the same night, staying over in Canary Wharf 

Also have Alice in Chains in Leeds on the Saturday as well 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Hi everyone
    I thought I'd post on here rather than start a new thread :) 

I was lucky enough to get 2 tickets for the second night at the O2 (Tuesday 19th June) but not lucky enough to find someone to come with me! :'( I wonder if anyone is still looking for a ticket??? I would much rather one of you had it than use the re-selling websites which seem to be ramping up the prices so badly. 

I hope it's OK to post it on here, I am not looking to make a profit or anything, just want the ticket to go to someone who wants it :)  The only "catch" is you'd be sitting next to me ;) 

First time seeing Pearl Jam and first time at the O2 travelling from up North so I'm super excited :-D 
    Where are you travelling from? I must admit the idea of a car share reduces the financial impact. Might be interested if that's a possibility 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Hi all, thanks for your responses :)

@Legionreturns I am travelling from Liverpool but taking the train... I must be one of the few people on this planet who are yet to pass their driving test :) Travelling down on the Tuesday during the day and staying over at a B&B Tuesday night and travelling back Wednesday... I'd certainly be up for a car share, just don't ask me to drive ;) 

@mikeyrob73 I'm SO gutted I couldn't make it to Alice In Chains but neither date suits me :'(  :'(  :'( . A friend of mine is doing a 22 mile swim (I know, sounds a bit crazy :-D ) and I'm paddling a support boat for her. And then I just wouldn't be able to make it to London twice in the same week :'(  I'm so jealous, enjoy! :-D 
    @Dazed_and_Confused ;
    im travelling Leeds-London on the train Tuesday, back up Weds. Canary Wharf seemed a logical choice for the Hotel, never been to the O2 either so looking forward to it. PJ are awesome live, this will be my third time, you wont be disappointed. 
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    @Dazed_and_Confused ;

If I can get Wednesday off (just checking) and no-one who's already asked gets it, I will take it. I'm in St.Albans not far from London, so could meet you at the Stadium.

Cheers,

Paul.
  • @mikeyrob73 ; Sounds like an exciting few days for you, enjoy :) Yep I can't wait for Tuesday myself. So as to AIC, I'll just have to hope they come back to the UK another time :'( 
    Wheres the best  place for pre gig refreshments ? anyone any experience of the O2 ? 
    I think I'm going monday, not worked the details yet though.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I think I'd lose too many days work tbh, so I'd give @Pablo dibs. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • @Pablo  ;you are first in the queue then! Fingers crossed you can get the OK from work and I'll wait to hear back from you later   

I've booked my annual leave and accommodation but yet to work out any other details myself. I am thinking packed lunch on the train will do it for me