Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Young player having fun

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    randella said:
    Incidentally @Bucket - this wasn't a stab at you.  I don't know how you've mustered the energy.
    Nor me mate. I guess it's the other side of the same coin - I also can't just "leave" a debate.

I agree with every word of yours and @clarky 's posts up there ^.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    I just have to laugh that a thread containing so much debate, disagreement, anger, frustration, resentment, pomposity and overall self-righteousness is called...'young player having fun'.

Talk about false advertising.

PS He's rubbish, I can do better.

PS Maybe. A bit.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited December 2017
    pia98jf said:
    When I’ve been backed into a corner yes.
    I can't talk for anyone else of course.. but I very much hope that you don't feel that I backed you into a corner..
    whilst I agree with some of what you said, I don't agree with all of it and so tried to explain why

just my opinion...
    it's ok to have a different points of view and debate them..
    music is my job and my life... something I'm very passionate about...
    but it's not life or death stuff.. and certainly not important enough for folks to fall out over..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • There’s a video of Albert King sitting with Albert Collins giving his take on the blues. In it he says you don’t have to be old to play the blues, you can be young, old, black, white....everybody’s got the blues, even kids, they just don’t know what to call it yet.

I like the young lad’s phrasing and enjoyment and I’m enthused that in the current world of synth pop and auto tune there’s evidence of a younger generation being drawn to guitars, clearly loving it and wanting to spend time on it. If it means anything to anyone else is irrelevant because he’s playing a note as if it means something to him.

the last thing I would want is for the lad to read a thread like this and just become disheartened or disengaged from something he clearly enjoys and is good at. All power to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    the last thing I would want is for the lad to read a thread like this and just become disheartened or disengaged from something he clearly enjoys and is good at. All power to him.
    Indeed.

Toby, if you're reading this - ignore these boring, miserable old fuckers and keep doing what you're doing, because you're great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Bucket said:
    Indeed.

Toby, if you're reading this - ignore these boring, miserable old fuckers and keep doing what you're doing, because you're great.
    I whole heartedly agree, 8 pages of vitriol, very poor. Hopefully, the kid has never heard of Fretboard and won't need counselling after reading some of this stuff.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    edited December 2017

There's a chance that he wouldn't. My guess, (although I have no real clue, so see this as a projection if you like) is that he'd interpret it something posted by a bunch of angry and cynical old guys, (unlike the guys he gets a chance to play with) and move swiftly on and spark up a fag behind the bike sheds....
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Bucket said:
    Indeed.

I whole heartedly agree, 8 pages of vitriol, very poor. Hopefully, the kid has never heard of Fretboard and won't need counselling after reading some of this stuff.
    Pffft, why should be any different to the rest of us? ;) 
    BRISTOL86 said:
    Now that’s authentic. 
    I'm off to write a song. I shall call it "Arguing With a Total Fucking Cunt on the Internet Blues"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    What a silly little man he is. Lets just get on with our own lives and thoughts, gentlemen, and not raise our own blood pressure in response.

Still a great video in OP.

Adam
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    edited December 2017
    Off to BCD
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    edited December 2017
    Jalapeno said:
    Off to BCD
    Actually, thread closed too.

I'll go through it later and delete the complete crap, which - on a quick look - might just mean deleting most posts by one or two people.

And then it can go back to the appropriate section.

[edit]
    Thread tidied up.  Which, after reading the first few pages, compromised mainly of deleting the posts of one individual and those who quoted the posts having risen to the bait.  There was little point/value in separating out the insults into a separate thread-of-insults, so they just got deleted.

Gents - you can't reason with a troll.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27343
    Thread re-opened and return to chat, music, having been cleaned up.

Any further trolling or insulting posts will be deleted, and the poster likely to lose the ability to post for a while.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited December 2017
    TTony said:
    [edit]
    Thread tidied up.  Which, after reading the first few pages, compromised mainly of deleting the posts of one individual and those who quoted the posts having risen to the bait.  There was little point/value in separating out the insults into a separate thread-of-insults, so they just got deleted.
    Careful.

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2602
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader

Yeah this all went a bit bonkers didn't it...  I started this cos I saw a young player who not only is REALLY good but also seemed to be enjoying himself along with it..

None of us know his personal circumstances ..  and really its none of our business.. I just hoped people would enjoy the vid just for what it was. As someone else mentioned, I hope Toby never sees this nonsense..

BUT I guess if you are looking for the limelight that's what you get these days with social media and should be expected to some degree. Part of being famous in the internet age.

• BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    Iv been watching him for a while on Facebook..I think he's a good player ..but I hope it dosnt all go to his head and he progresses as a guitarist otherwise when he gets to his late teens he will just sound like any other decent blues guitarist ...but good luck to him ..I hope he dosnt burn out and fade away because is age does play a big part in his popularity ..
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Dust settled?  I think I'll go back to page 1....

It's good to see a young kid playing well - way better than I ever ever will - and enjoying himself, although I must say I find all his gurning a bit cringey to watch... but that's my problem. 

I think it's true that unless he develops something really special as he gets older he'll become just one of many good young guitarists playing similar stuff, and perhaps he'll fade into anonymity - but even if he does, he'll have had his 15 minutes and more, not everyone gets that much.  Good luck to him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    Echo'd above post. But then, gurning never hit Gary Moore, did it?
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Since this one's back on track I should say sorry to @tampaxboo whose post I piled into for a cheap laugh and came off a bit aggressive really. Apologies for that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    I have to admit, I did visit this thread throughout the week with popcorn in hand.  Good to see it's simmered down now, kids obviously a good egg, hope he does well through his endeavours.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom