Double cut junior build with dual foil

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    WezV said:
    sawyer said:
    Love these build threads! Lookin cool. Do you not fancy doin one with the full vintage correct thing? Be awesome! You'be obviously have the skill.:)
    This is funny.  @customkits  is normally the one saying I should be more vintage correct :)
    you're becoming a bad influence lol

seriously though I'm interested in doing various things loosely vintage based, one example is I fancy a fender scale dc junior with tele bridge pickup etc plus loads more 
    Sounds fun!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2924
    tFB Trader
    Nice work as always Darren. Have you got plans to tackle the 58, looking forward to that
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3260
    tFB Trader
    Corvus said:
    Nice work as always Darren. Have you got plans to tackle the 58, looking forward to that
    Waiting till I sort the new workshop out and work on it in-between paid work
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    Here's a mock up, incredible looking pickup and can't wait to fire this up, I'll need to cut into the pickguard but should still look good, let me know what you think
    http://i.imgur.com/mvPuZPW.jpg
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's a mock up, incredible looking pickup and can't wait to fire this up, I'll need to cut into the pickguard but should still look good, let me know what you think
    http://i.imgur.com/mvPuZPW.jpg
    That’s super cool! 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16541
    The blue is going to make it all work.

i would just cut the guard to fit the pickup, not reshape the curve to go around.

The dual foil looked great in tort and blue on my tele earlier this year.... so I am well on board with this
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    The blue is going to make it all work.

i would just cut the guard to fit the pickup, not reshape the curve to go around.

The dual foil looked great in tort and blue on my tele earlier this year.... so I am well on board with this
    Thanks, I agree about the blue making it work too, it's the only reason I wanted a dual foil after deciding Pelham blue

I messed about with reshaping the pickguard before I had the pickup but now I'm with you on just cutting it to fit the pickup or it'll look wrong
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
     I really like how this turned out, I'll string it up tomorrow if i don't mess it up then just a clear pickguard truss rod cover and back plate to make 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    SOOOOOO nice!