Lots of P-Basses

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
in Bass tFB Trader
I blame @Bridgehouse for me not being able to take most of December off. Since he done his build diary of the PJ bass, not just on this site, but on Basschat site I've been inundated with requests for P basses (well about half a dozen), three of which are below. 

I don't think you're going to get any commission.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    No commission??

:(

And I thought my marketing skills were quite successful :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    How much??
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    GSPBASSES said:
    I've been inundated with requests for P basses (well about half a dozen), three of which are below. 
    Were any of those from a Mrs. Trellis of North Wales? ;)
    Be seeing you.
  • Do you have anything that can take 5 strings?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    I've been inundated with requests for P basses (well about half a dozen), three of which are below. 
     I don't know most of the orders come in only with user names so won't know who they are until they pay .

Do you have anything that can take 5 strings?
     Not at the moment but I do have two stingray five sting half built, but they're not due to be worked on till the end of January.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    GSPBASSES said:
    Ahhh, a radio4 listener
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    Ahhh, a radio4 listener
    ;)
    Mornington Crescent.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    Ahhh, a radio4 listener
    ;)
    TTony said:
    GSPBASSES said:
    Ahhh, a radio4 listener
    ;)
    Mornington Crescent.
    I'm Sorry I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
     :+1: 

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • GSPBASSES said:
    GSPBASSES said:
     I don't know most of the orders come in only with user names so won't know who they are until they pay .

Not at the moment but I do have two stingray five sting half built, but they're not due to be worked on till the end of January.
    Any chance of a fanned fret setup on one of those
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    GSPBASSES said:

Any chance of a fanned fret setup on one of those
    I have to give that some thought, I do have some fan fret fingerboard's. I'll have to lay it out to see if it's feasible. I should warn you the biggest problem is finding single string bridges. If you have a look at the picture of the five string fanned fret I've already made,  the single string bridges are really good really cheap, but their low price does seem to put people off. I've used them several times and can't fault them. 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    GSPBASSES said:
    the biggest problem is finding single string bridges. 
    On a P Bass, the problem could be that the bridge units for the lowest/longest strings need to be positioned where there is little or no body wood to screw into.
    Be seeing you.
    tFB Trader
    GSPBASSES said:
    the biggest problem is finding single string bridges. 
    On a P Bass, the problem could be that the bridge units for the lowest/longest strings need to be positioned where there is little or no body wood to screw into.

That won't be a problem, as building a fan fret you go about the layout slightly differently or should I say in a different order.  Once the bodies been profiled the B string single bridge (or E string) is placed on the body, were you think it's going be approximately. The neck with its fingerboard is then positioned so bridge measurement is correct from the nut. The neck pocket is then marked out to suit this position. All the other bridge positions are measured out once the neck is fitted to the body.

If I end up making another fan fret I’ll do a build diary, so all these things become obvious.

I'm off for a long weekend away, won't be back till Monday morning. 

• Hmmm! I'm seriously tempted as I'm going to start playing bass... The last build I got from you Graham is o
    en route to Rich for a spectacular, 70's Steve Mc Queen inspired finish! 
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life