Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Perpetual pedal prevarication

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Get yourself a Zoom MS pedal. Massively impressed with the sounds that thing makes for £50. I doubt very much that many could tell the difference between a H9 and a Line6 M5 or Zoom MS. You can get a Zoom and the MIDI box you need to switch its presets for less than £100.

The H9 just seems insanely expensive to me!
    Having owned both you can really, really tell the difference between the h9 and the m5
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Lots of M5,M9,M13 Now weaned myself off all Line6 products....And the Strymon Flint seems to make a regular appearance on my board :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • it's not just pedals ! I've bought new, sold and then bought back the same Flint, a 2007 telecaster and and old DSL 201 combo :-) bought another used EP Booster after selling my original... embarrassing  all the gear I've bought and moved on (KoT, Cruiser, ts808, Angry Charlie, memory boy, timeline, etc etc, victory v40, Badcat black cat, zilla cabs x 2)

Essentially I blame That Pedal Show and the rest of the YouTube stuff - I'm very easily influenced by listening to other people play other styles of music well, and then thinking I want to do that too. But I plugged my les paul into my old jcm 800 the other day and realised that is really all I want, (with a splash of delay, chorus and fuzz once in a while) and all I'm any good at.

Kind of realised now that I need to spend far more time playing and less time watching internet demos, and I suspect this gear turnover problem will sort itself :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Have never bought the same pedal more than once (other than to own two of it)
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• JotaJota Frets: 463
    Only my Keeley Fuzz Head.
    Sold it to try other fuzzes but kept missing it so, about an year later the guy I sold it to wanted to get rid of it and I bought it back.