Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot
1323334353638»

Comments

• aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    impmann said:
    aord43 said:
    I think three rooms is ideal, subject to having people managing two of them. This is because you always want a "home base" where people put their stuff, eat bananas and check gear etc. Then there's the informal/practice room, plus the main room.
    Northampton had few enough people for two rooms to be ok, although even then, as has been pointed out, it was noisy at times and organised practice didn't take off. 
    You won't find me in room 2 - I'm allergic to bananas!!
    You’re kidding?
    i thought I was the only person in planet earth with that allergy!!! I can’t drink Coca Cola (or other brands of the same stuff) either....

Sorry.... as you were.
    Wow I brought a banana to an event where two people were allergic to it!  Good thing I ate it out of sight!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    @mrkb no complaints from me, chap. :-) 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• slackerslacker Frets: 2215
    Apologies @mrkb ; it came out wrong. I'll quit while I'm behind. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635
    It’s ok @slacker I know what you meant ;-) - I assume you’d left an ‘If’ off the front of your sentence. It would be good to have another drummer (especially if they can play the quicker songs) - we originally had Octatonic lined up but he pulled out. And I would have liked to play some guitar as well so I’ll get in contact about him with you if I organise another one.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    mrkb said:
    It’s ok @slacker I know what you meant ;-) - I assume you’d left an ‘If’ off the front of your sentence. It would be good to have another drummer (especially if they can play the quicker songs) - we originally had Octatonic lined up but he pulled out. And I would have liked to play some guitar as well so I’ll get in contact about him with you if I organise another one.
    What do you mean, "if" ?
    mrkb said:
    What do you mean, "if" ?
    Doh, I meant  - “Talking of which , at Northampton IF you dont have a drummer. With advance notice I might be able to get one.”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    What do you mean, "if" ?
    Doh, I meant  - “Talking of which , at Northampton IF you dont have a drummer. With advance notice I might be able to get one.”
    Sounded to me like you were trying to get out of organising another ;)

I have split out the recordings into individual files - with a bit of bass cut and compression they sound good which I will do to the MP3s. MP3's are about 5MB, or have WAV format if you fancy post processing yourself (30-60 MB).

If anyone wants a copy of their songs PM me your email address. 

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:

I have split out the recordings into individual files - with a bit of bass cut and compression they sound good which I will do to the MP3s. MP3's are about 5MB, or have WAV format if you fancy post processing yourself (30-60 MB).

If anyone wants a copy of their songs PM me your email address. 

Pssssst.. Northern Jam songlist is up ;)
  • Thanks for mine Mark, I'm building up to listening to it :fearful: 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

Thanks for mine Mark, I'm building up to listening to it :fearful: 

You should be proud you stepped up and sang - it isn't easy to do - especially for the first time with some random guitarists who weren't all playing the same chords/rhythm, I can send you the ones with my "singing" on if you want to compare ;-).
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    mrkb said:
    Thanks for mine Mark, I'm building up to listening to it :fearful: 

You should be proud you stepped up and sang - it isn't easy to do - especially for the first time with some random guitarists who weren't all playing the same chords/rhythm, I can send you the ones with my "singing" on if you want to compare ;-).
    I Object M'Lord !....I was definitely playing the same chord all through Travis ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    spark240 said:
    I Object M'Lord !....I was definitely playing the same chord all through Travis ;-)
    Les Dawson would have been proud - everyone was playing the correct notes, just not necessarily in the same order/ time!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Very instructive, thanks Mark.  I won't be recommending a wider distribution of these! :)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    I haven't got any recordings @mrkb do I need to PM you some more info? :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    Ah, I could upload them to your shared drive when I boot up the PC next. Do you want copies of them all?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Ah, I could upload them to your shared drive when I boot up the PC next. Do you want copies of them all?
    Pretty please :)
    Well I've listened to the recordings, I think for completely unrehearsed performances by a bunch of guys of varying ability with me involved to drag them down we can be reasonably proud of them!

If you imagine the same groups as on the day practising their songs for a few runs before recording and working on their bits, and in my case making sure my D string was in tune, then I think we would be pretty solid :)