Winners Of theFretboard End Of Year Challenge 2017

What's Hot

I am proud to announce the worthy winner is of theFretboard End Of Year Challenge 2017 is <imagine fanfare here>:

1st place: @BRISTOL86 with a total of 20 points. Well done for an excellent festive entry.

There were two entries that each had 17 points. As there are three prizes, it was necessary come up with a method of selecting 2nd and 3rd place. After much deliberation with @TTony it was decided to apply a (sort of) 'Olympic Rules' system :) .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_medal_table

2nd place: @DulcetJones with 17 points (including two votes in 1st place and two votes in 2nd place)

3rd place: @kriszuki with 17 points (including two votes in 1st place and one vote in 2nd place). Hopefully that's OK. Feel free to appeal to the Referee if that system seems unfair and it will be referred to arbitration :)

Thanks to all that participated for the great entries.

PRIZES:
Starting with @BRISTOL86, I'll message each of the winners in turn (in order of placement) to select their prizes.

Here's a reminder of the prizes, thanks to the generosity of some of our business members.

• Donated by @TheGuitarWeasel ;;;;;;;;;
    £50 off any set of Oil City pickups (costing over £100).
    Pretty much all of us know Ash and his products, and many of us already have the benefit of his pickups in our guitars.
    But if you've somehow not stumbled across them yet, take a look at:  http://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk/index.html
  • Donated by the Major @ThorpyFX ;;;;;;;;;
    A CHAIN HOME Tremelo pedal.
    I might just have saved the best-til-last with this one!
    For all the detail on this - and all his other pedals - check the website (and read some of the recommendations) at https://thorpyfx.com/

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2017
    Well done @BRISTOL86 ;; .. I voted for you .. ;-)

And well done to @DulcetJones ;; , and @kriszuki

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Congrats   @BRISTOL86    and    @kriszuki     and kudos to all the entries, some great stuff!

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    edited December 2017
    Wow I’m massively shocked to have won this, there were so many amazing entries!

I had a really hard time picking just three - as I’m sure everyone did! 

Thank you so much!

This was my first competition entry (believe it or not that’s not because there were prizes for this one!!) and it made me so interested in recording that I’ve put a Logic training manual on my list for Santa! Looking forward to taking part in more going forwards!

Big congrats to @DulcetJones and @kriszuki as well!
  • Congratulations to @BRISTOL86 , @DulcetJones ; , and @kriszuki

=D>

Well done to everybody who entered - a very high standard all round. Hope to see more of you in the various challenges in the new year.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27341
    Excellent choones  all!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Well done @BRISTOL86 and @DulcetJones and @kriszuki ;

Good fun challenge that was.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Congratulations to @BRISTOL86 , @DulcetJones ; !
    It was really fun to be involved and listening to all the entries, nice one to everyone who took part.

Ive just joined the forum and have had such a positive time meeting some great people here.
    Happy Christmas
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6089
    tFB Trader
    Congratulations to the winners! Very well deserved indeed! 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Congratulations all, nice to see a few more taking part , long may it continue!