Band Hospitality Rider - Help please?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bob21bob21 Frets: 170

@hassleham ;
    if it's for venues and people that see riders all the time.. word it exactly like my example, that is the standard..
    if it's for people that have never seen a rider before - i'd probably tone it down a bit and make it a bit more 'ask-y' than 'demand-y'!

FWIW - if you don't require any production/backline, don't include it in the rider at all.. the Bride & Groom don't give a monkeys whether bass is SR or SL..!

(however, there is a special circle of hell reserved for those who *should* be providing a technical rider, and either don't, or provide one so out of date as to be useless..!!)

I think that specification for power is fine - and reasonable. Unless you're talking about real power (32a single phase and up, really) - there's no point getting specific, as at that point you're just going to get what the venue has got..!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Seems to me your getting a bit bogged down in terms. Just put in your contract for the gig client to provide suitable accommodation and a hot meal for the band. A rider as most of them are, is a wish list, unless or in practical terms a bunch of requests outside the contract which may or may not be agreed to. If it’s actually in the contract you sign agreeing to play then everyone is clear about minimum requirements.
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 605
    edited November 2017
    @maltingsaudio ;;
    I should've made it clearer: The MU contract states that any rider attached to the contract and signed becomes part of the contract. We're not bothered about a 'wish list' style rider, just an extension of the contract that ensure we get what we need accommodation and food wise so that the client is clear on our requirements and there are no upsets later on.

It's sorted now anyway! Thanks everyone for your input
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    Pretty much all riders I've seen have been along the lines of the example from @bob21 ]

Except I assume that is a for a solo artist.. 1 crate? :) The band I tour managed had 48 cans/bottles of beer. 2 bottles of wine, one vodka and one Jim Beam plus 24 water, and soft drinks. Food or buy out as well. 

Bear in mind that the whole brown M&Ms on page 17 of the rider is there for a reason. If Van Halen turned up the M&Ms hadn't been sorted then the tour manager knew that other more  important things may have been missed.