Back from London

What's Hot

Comments

• Glad you liked it. My favourite view of it is it disappearing fast in my rear view mirror.

Presumably just as your flying saucer leaves our atmosphere and enters the warp tunnel bound for Planet Curmudgeon. 

I wish!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I knew a twat once who used to call London "the village". He lived in Fleet FFS.
    London has been held to be a large collection of "villages" each with its own identity. All looks the same to me.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Too busy for me. I'd like it if it was similar to the start of 28 days later.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    ESBlonde said:
    Interestingly I'm in Portugal today, eastern algarve and I've been sitting in the sunshine thinking I'm glad I'm not in London. I see the attraction of the bright lights but after a few years they seem dim.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :lol: 

If you come to the center region drop me a PM, we'll have a beer.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 619
    London is great, glad you enjoyed it.
    There is so much to see and do that although I work in central London I also sometimes stop and read a blue plaque or admire a building, loads of history and culture to enjoy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    metale said:ì
    ESBlonde said:
    Interestingly I'm in Portugal today, eastern algarve and I've been sitting in the sunshine thinking I'm glad I'm not in London. I see the attraction of the bright lights but after a few years they seem dim.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence :lol: 

If you come to the center region drop me a PM, we'll have a beer.
    Agreed the grass is always greener. I am enjoying your country but off home again now. I would look forward to a beer. Likewise if you come to the UK again let' see of we can meet up.  There have been drink nights in London with forum members so perhaps we could organise one for when you are in town.
  • westwest Frets: 994

• London is the dogs bollocks.

There is nowhere else like it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

London is the dogs bollocks.

Does that make Essex the dog's arse?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

London is the dogs bollocks.

Does that make Essex the dog's arse?

Essex is sexy.

don't you ever watch telly.

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited December 2017
    I've just returned from a very long walk around London to celebrate my first full day off for Christmas, and I have to agree. It's an amazing place - even in the pissing rain. I hate trying to get around it using public transport, and I hate trying to drive through it as well, but I love walking around it and just taking in the sights.

My route today:

Started at my flat in Kilburn. Left after wrapping up warm and putting some Nick Drake in my earphones. Walked down through the South Hampstead area and crossed Finchley Road, then walked through Primrose Hill and down to Camden. Spent an enjoyable hour or so test-driving Suhrs in GuitarGuitar. Then walked down past Mornington Crescent and down towards Euston. Crossed over Euston Road and walked through Fitzrovia towards Tottenham Court Road. Then spent a little time on Denmark Street, walked back through Soho and crossed Oxford Street, to head through the back streets for a little while, cross Edgware Road and walk towards Paddington, where I did a quick food shop and then got the bus back up the road to Kilburn. All in all, a very enjoyable afternoon. Probably adds up to about seven or eight miles of walking.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    jeez, am I becoming Alan Partridge?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Ro_S said:
    most of London is a shithole
    I would say that lacks a certain sense of perspective - London may be many things, but compared to 99% of places in the world, a shithole it is not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2017
    Ro_S said:
    I would say that lacks a certain sense of perspective - London may be many things, but compared to 99% of places in the world, a shithole it is not.
    I was comparing it only to the rest of England or Britain.
    'Not sure whether your context makes London sound worse or better than mine 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Compared to most places in Britain it is brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Ro_S said:
    Ro_S said:
    I was comparing it only to the rest of England or Britain.
    Weird, because the vast majority of small towns in this country make me feel emotionally and mentally bereft.

If it ain't on the Tube map, it ain't shit as far as I'm concerned :lol:
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bucket said:

If it ain't on the Tube map, it ain't shit as far as I'm concerned :lol:
    did you enjoy your visit to Luton?

edited December 2017
    Ro_S said:
    Bucket said:

If it ain't on the Tube map, it ain't shit as far as I'm concerned lol
    did you enjoy your visit to Luton?
    By "it ain't shit" I am using American street slang to indicate that "it" is worthless.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    Well, I just had to have more of it... So I'm visiting London again, 3rd to 6th December.

Flights bought, hotel booked, having problems getting my mastercard to work with the oyster card website this time, hope to get it sorted soon  :s
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    If your card has contactless you can just use that for the underground now. It works out cheapest (I think?) and you don't need to faff about with topping up your oyster etc.