Anyone good at transcribing from video?

BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
Hi folks

I’ve been trying to train my ear/eyes better and learn to transcribe things I see in videos that I want to play rather than being that ‘do you have a tab for that’ guy....I’m getting there and it’s rewarding but it’s still a difficult skill for me at the moment. 

I’m trying to transcribe this video (only the first minute before the ‘normal’ intro starts)

https://youtu.be/DpgMKdqAbZI

I think ive got about 90% of it / the bare bones but without some of the little nuances - it doesn’t help that you can’t see the right hand all that easily. 

Would anyone who has the time and inclination to tab this be willing to help? Donation to a charity or your choosing in return. 

It’ll be a a really good exercise as well to see how a transcription from a better player than me compares to what I have put together!

Thanks if anyone can help!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• neilgneilg Frets: 94
    edited December 2017
    Have you tried the slow down feature in youtube, I found that helped when I was working out the solo to Wuthering Heights.
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    neilg said:
    Have you tried the slow down feature in youtube, I found that helped when I was working out the solo to Wuthering Heights.
    Yeah, oddly I actually find that harder to work out sometimes! Like I say I have the vast majority of it worked out, just the little nuances but might just put my own touches on it!
  • How well do you understand CAGED system and the different voicings? If you're familiar with that then the above should be quite straight forward when you know what progression he's playing!

I haven't got time to tab it out I'm afraid but do keep trying to learn by ear! It does get much easier eventually!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    How well do you understand CAGED system and the different voicings? If you're familiar with that then the above should be quite straight forward when you know what progression he's playing!

I haven't got time to tab it out I'm afraid but do keep trying to learn by ear! It does get much easier eventually!
    Bits and pieces....

Yeah I do understand the progression and know the chords behind them, like I say Ive actually worked like 90% of it out, it’s just some of the little embellishments really that I haven’t quite worked out. 

Yeah I agree it’s worth persevering with, I really enjoyed working it out and I can definitley feel it helping my ear!