Being told to smile

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    No need for you to feel like shit. You already know who is wrong. Not wanting to get too philosophical but to be truely loving you have to love thy twat of a neighbour just like Jesus would.

I understand, I just don't think you can do anything about the other side other than deal with it better. You rarely get the chance to give someone a jolly good talking to in real life and your particular traits are probably not legally protected against hate-crimes and discrimination but I am no expert on that stuff. 

And finally, lets face it you are the expert in this. I may be able to give you the geriatric, short-man syndrome view but again, you probably know that already.

Just go be yourself, proudly without shame, but don't be a dick about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Veganic said:
    No need for you to feel like shit. You already know who is wrong. Not wanting to get too philosophical but to be truely loving you have to love thy twat of a neighbour just like Jesus would.

I understand, I just don't think you can do anything about the other side other than deal with it better. You rarely get the chance to give someone a jolly good talking to in real life and your particular traits are probably not legally protected against hate-crimes and discrimination but I am no expert on that stuff. 

And finally, lets face it you are the expert in this. I may be able to give you the geriatric, short-man syndrome view but again, you probably know that already.

Just go be yourself, proudly without shame, but don't be a dick about it.
    Good man, have a great crimbo short arse!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In my mind I would be screaming well I've rushed to this gig after being at work all day so am knackered. Setting up all this stuff needs a degree in extension cable management and I'm still not sure if everything will work. In the meantime I can't see the new setlist that the singer has printed in red ink and in the back of my mind I'm a bit pissed off the soundcheck was a shambles and I need to keep an eye on the mixing board to check things aren't clipping.

And I'm sober as a judge, baking hot and trying to fend off pissheads that want to have a go on the guitar or sing a song........but I do try and smile a bit - even if its at the darts board or fruit machine

Happy gigging - wouldn't change it for the world

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    How about, "Sorry, I daren't smile too much in case I still have one of your mum's pubes stuck in my teeth."

Or, "Sorry, but it's hard to smile when my bell-end keeps cracking into my ankle."

You're welcome!
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    There was a guy taller than you, Longshins, standing behind the raised mixing and lights desks at the last show I went to (Testament/Annihilator/Death Angel \m/ ). He was huge, really broad too, and a fair old paunch. With his long hair he'd get an instant extras job on Game of Thrones or Vikings, but I digress. I stood near him the whole show, and was amazed that he was approached by a whole string of people telling him to stand elsewhere. The desks are at the back of the dance floor/moshpit space (it's a rock club), and the place was more or less full, but there was plenty of space to go and stand in front, down below us, it was maybe 30 metres to the front edge of the stage. :p Of course, he didn't budge.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    when I'm one stage I really enjoy it..
    and my memories of it are usually that I had a ball

in the photos I usually look like I'm going to kill someone
    absolutely no idea why
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    I feel you, OP. Well, not literally.

I, too am a member of the Tall Bastards Society (6'5") and broad with it. I have long hair as well, and it's often commented that I have resting bitch face. I've just come to accept it, basically - whenever I try and laugh about on stage or smile and get animated, I make a mistake.... so people can either have a cock-womble jumping around and sounding crap, or a resting bitch face with great sound.

In all seriousness though, if that's the only complaint people have, I'd take that as a plus!

And as for comments about being tall... when someone says to me "Wow, you're tall" I find looking them dead in the eyes and replying "No I'm not" in a deadpan voice really throws them off.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom