Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

My new car arrived 3 days ago and it's super uncomfortable.... :(

What's Hot

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Deadman said:
    My BMW MSport is like that. You'll get used to it. Low c of g, hard suspension and big tyres make for a decent drive.
    My BMW has has an option to run in sport mode or eco which has a softer suspension setting.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Softer suspension will help, but if the seats give you a bad back, suspension settings will only do so much.  I had an Insignia which had a comfy ride but the seats were still a killer.
  • ok so i decided to look at this as if i had bought a guitar, if it arrived and played like shit after 3 days it would go back, so same thing applies to a car. I spoke to Audi and i'm within the 14 day cooling off period so hopefully i can give it back. they have none of my money yet so nothing to refund.

so now begs the question- what can i get that has very comfy seats ?

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Option 2 will get you laughed at by the lease company in a polite way.

Option 3 would be probably be a breach of your lease but they are unlikley to ever know and could be an issue with ypur insurance if it was written off.

So maybe get a cushion?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    This reminds me of my very brief love affair with a Corrado Vr6. Early nineties and my new business was doing well so I quite fancied the Corrado. Went to the dealer for a test drive and he just handed me the demonstrator keys and told me to get it back by end of day. Seven hours to give it a good workout on every type of road. The performance and handling were brilliant but after an hour my back was aching so I adjusted the seat. No improvement. Miles later and after endless seat adjustments the ache had turned to pain. By the time I returned the car I was bent over like a little old man. I knew I was never going to get used to that seat so the love affair ended.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In fact how did you lease the car.

Did you do it online or in a  dealership.
  • the lease company are out of the equation now - they effectively introduce me to Audi and I pay them a an admin fee, which i will lose. My finance contract is with Audi direct.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I don't fully deal with leasing at work but I do think depending on how the agreement was executed distance selling could be involved but if you have driven it and you collected the car from a dealership you might not be able to work that angle.
  • My old boss always had Audi A4s and whenever I had to travel any distance with him, my back would ache and I'd get terrible pins and needles in my legs.
     By far the most uncomfortable car I've had the misfortune to travel in.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • it was delivered to my house, and in the contract it states there is a cooling off period.
    Anyway i'll see what happens next week after Xmas....such a ballache

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    ok so i decided to look at this as if i had bought a guitar, if it arrived and played like shit after 3 days it would go back, so same thing applies to a car. I spoke to Audi and i'm within the 14 day cooling off period so hopefully i can give it back. they have none of my money yet so nothing to refund.

so now begs the question- what can i get that has very comfy seats ?
    The most comfortable cars I ever drove were my Volvos. I’ve had five, the V70’s with full leather we’re like sitting in an armchair. Every aspect of the seat was controlled electronically, height, tilt, angle of back and lumbar support. It also had three memory recall settings, so when you were happy with it, you could store the settings and so could my wife. If I got in after she had been driving, I just recalled my setting and the seat just moved back to my position in a few seconds. I’ve never had a car since that was more comfortable, even on very long journeys, you got out feeling fine.

I now drive a Skoda Fabia after downsizing to just one car. It’s ok, but I do have a McKenzie roll permanently fixed to the drivers seat.

Rob
  • it was delivered to my house, and in the contract it states there is a cooling off period.
    Anyway i'll see what happens next week after Xmas....such a ballache
    Fire the first shots now, make sure they know your thinking of bailing because of this as the fourteen days cooling off will be fourteen days not fourteen days and Christmas. It seems you are not alone with this problem so Audi may already have a solution for you
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    Oh dear, I did the same thing some years ago leasing a Mitsubishi Shogun Sport. The seats were horrible. the first major driving I did was down to Cornwall and I had pins and needles in my arse after about an hour and a knackered back when we got there. Fortunately, the seats did wear in a little after a while. I feel your pain!

• just did a bit of googling and apparently Skoda Superb and Volvo XC60 are the comfiest cars currently on sale. i need to properly check it out 

• duotoneduotone Frets: 971

My wife's Volvo gives me a lot of backache, luckily I don't go in it all the time
    Have always heard that Volvo makes the most comfortable seats.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    It won't make a night and day difference, but if the car has run-flats changing them to standard tyres will make the ride a bit more compliant (and generally better grip in the wet too)

I don't really see the need for sports suspension on cars that aren't that quick. A 140bhp diesel A4 doesn't need overly firm suspension. On an RS4 I can completely understand it.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27580
    duotone said:

My wife's Volvo gives me a lot of backache, luckily I don't go in it all the time
    Have always heard that Volvo makes the most comfortable seats.
    I found their headrests pushed my head forwards.

The Superb has very comfy seats for me, as did (perhaps surprisingly) the Golf R.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    such a ballache
    Quit sitting on the handbrake lever. :)
    Be seeing you.
  • I dislike their unreliable and over complicated tendencies as a manufacturer, but the most comfy car I've sat in recently was a Citroen Cactus courtesy car. Big, wide squishy seats. My Mondeo's seat felt like a wooden board after that...
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4671
    I dislike their unreliable and over complicated tendencies as a manufacturer, but the most comfy car I've sat in recently was a Citroen Cactus courtesy car. Big, wide squishy seats. My Mondeo's seat felt like a wooden board after that...
    ..and which will be the kindest to your back over a drive of several hours?  not the squashy ones I would wager.

Up until 2015, I drove Porsches, all with sports seats, culminating in a GT3 with hard shell seats with a one inch thick cushion.  They were the most comfortable and supportive seats I ever sat in; good for twelve hours at a time.

Now I drive an old Merc - 2003 - with what they call sports seats and its like driving sitting on a sofa. ie. bloody uncomfortable as they are just too soft.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.