Gibson USA 5 String EB Bass for £449 inc case brand new!

What's Hot

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    BNIB, half price. I wonder why?  :s

Love the GAK item description. It neatly ignores Gibson's first foray into bass guitars, the EB-1 - a solid body, scaled down upright viol-shaped bass. (Pre-Hofner but post-Ampeg.)

Gibson electric bass guitars could be best described as distinctive. The construction methods of some models lend them a unique sound. The more eccentric the design, the less well it sits in the majority of ensemble music situations. The more closely that the construction follows Fender principles, the more usable the instruments become. 

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now £399! Not gonna lie, I kinda like the look of it, however I barely touch my Squier so I needn't look further!
  • Do they have more than one?
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    Did anyone buy one at £399 ? They seem to have gone now but interested to hear what you think of it. 
    The OP product hyperlink now redirects to a GAK>Brands>Gibson page.

In theory, a manufacturer with Gibson's heritage ought to be able to build a decent bass guitar. Somehow, they always seem to get something about their designs slightly wrong.

Given a free choice of Gibson bass guitars, I would ask for an RD. (Most potential buyers would reject these on looks alone.) My second choice would be the LP Triumph - mainly because it is decidedly different. This seems to be what Gibson bass guitars do best.
    Be seeing you.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896

In theory, a manufacturer with Gibson's heritage ought to be able to build a decent bass guitar. Somehow, they always seem to get something about their designs slightly wrong.

Given a free choice of Gibson bass guitars, I would ask for an RD. (Most potential buyers would reject these on looks alone.) My second choice would be the LP Triumph - mainly because it is decidedly different. This seems to be what Gibson bass guitars do best.
    The Thunderbird is the only classic bass Gibson ever produced.

The EB0/EB3 came close, but only because a couple of smaller blokes played one.

Grabbers, Rippers, LP, whatever are undesirable toot.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    prowla said:

In your opinion...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Behave. Grabbers are cool as anything. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    EB 5 string on eBay now for £669 looks like someone bought one at £399 to sell on then!
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4896
    prowla said:

In your opinion...
    Of course. :-)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Behave. Grabbers are cool as anything. 
    The RDs are better - but yes, I agree the Grabbers are cool.

You need to find one that's less than 10kg tho :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Koa said:
    EB 5 string on eBay now for £669 looks like someone bought one at £399 to sell on then!

Be seeing you.