Yamaha LL 11e acoustic

What's Hot
A friend very kindly has loaned me the above guitar.
I would like to find out a bit more info about the guitar
It certainly is one of the nicest acoustics I have played.
If she ever asked for it back I would probably try and get my own.
Any info gratefully  received.
Thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    google - type in xxxxxxx - review

• Have tried that but nothing recent.
    Last review I found was 2004!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    I don't recognise that model number as a current one so that might be the most recent you're gonna get

Red ones are better. 
  • matonematone Frets: 211
    The LL11 was a handbuilt instrument made to a very good spec and favoured by Bert Jansch.
    Don`t know what the e signifies tho`.
    Hth.
  • Thanks for info
    It' a great guitar.
    Don't want to give it back!
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 139
    matone said:
    The LL11 was a handbuilt instrument made to a very good spec and favoured by Bert Jansch.
    Don`t know what the e signifies tho`.
    Hth.
    Prob just an inboard pickup 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hey!

I have a LL11 (no E, although I had a Lr Baggs Anthem fitted) - it's a great mid priced guitar if you can get hold of one.

They were discontinued and replaced with the ll6 and ll16 guitars but they changed the bracing on those models to a striaght braced rather than the scalloped bracing on the 11.

Mine is made in indonesia but I've heard that some were japanese made (although I've not seen a japanese made one) - the back and sides are supposed to be laminated rosewood but, again, I've heard rumours that some are all solid woods - I'm not sure about mine as the grain seems to be very well matched inside and out but I'm not 100% it's solid...

The e versions have Yamahas own pickup system in them which is a transducer and a mic, but you need the external preamp for the mic to work - the preamp is a box that's called 'acousticy' or something like that.

I bought mine because I'm a massive Bert Jansch fan and I wanted one mainly because of that, but I also wanted a good guitar that I could use for the odd gig at festivals or places where i wouldn't want to take my Martin or Collings - it's a really nice playing and sounding guitar in it's own right and was a bargain for the £500 I got it for...

The equivalent guitar now would be something like the LL6 ARE or LL16 ARE - I think they've gone back to scalloped bracing and put a wider nut on those guitars and they're also very good.

• Yes I agree it' a great guitar.
    Hopefully she won't want it back for yonks!
  • I'd say you've landed on your feet there. If your friend isn't an avid guitarist chances are she won't want it back! Just been cleaning mine up today. such a lovely tone the woods aged well. 
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 728
    Your thread from 2017 but here's some specs @rolls1392 (if still interested!)

Second Hand Yamaha LL-11E Electro Acoustic with Extrenal Pre Amp - Andertons Music Co.

• rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Thank you
  • I have an LL-11, it's a fantastic sounding guitar. Yamaha made an electro acoustic version too (LL-11E). Bert Jansch, used his trusty model on alot of live performances, if it was good enough for Bert!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6101
    There's an -e version here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266025440331

I'd be interested to try one if I was local.
  • Hello people been a while... So i'm considering selling my Yamaha LL-11E so as i can get a Taylor. Something fresh with up to date electronics as the yamaha's mostly work but the external pre amp has a push button which doesn't work and it appears to only be operating the under saddle pickup and not the mic. Any thoughts on how much the old girl is worth right now??
    And would anybody be interested in buying ??

Cheers

K