Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• Vs. Super Mario, Double Dragon and King of Fighters 96 coming out before the end of the year via Arcade Archives.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Boost your Switch's internet speed.  I have found a slight improvement as downloading Rocket League didn't seem to take as long as the Doom update did.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The new update to splatoon is out and is pretty great. Some new jazzy and proggy music which makes a nice change of pace from the same old songs, as well as new stages, gear and weapons. The new Salmon run stage has also sparked my interest in that again.
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eShop sale on now! Mario/Rabbids, Rocket League and Overcooked all have chunky discounts, which would be awesome if I didn't already have all three.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pinball FX 3 is worth a download, comes with 1 free table and 2 addition free tables to download.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pinball FX 3 is worth a download, comes with 1 free table and 2 addition free tables to download.

Thanks for the tip - I'll pick it up when I get home. 
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Anyone else looking forward to the Bayonetta trilogy?
  • DanR said:
    Anyone else looking forward to the Bayonetta trilogy?
    Yes! I adore Bayonetta! The first is probably my favourite 3d hack and slash of all time. The second is also great. Hopefully the third will continue that way. 
  • Any Christmas switch gifts? My sister gave me Sine Mora Ex (I asked for it from her since we normally spend about £20 on each other and it was the only game that snuck under that bar...) which is good fun. I'm no Schmup purist but it looks pretty and is a lot of fun. The time control mechanism is interesting and a better than one hit deaths, so at least you get far enough into the levels to learn something for the next run even if you die. It was also really good to play since I find in handheld mode accessing the right joystick (and using the right joy con in general) a little awkward, which makes all the difference in games like splatoon 2, so having a game with simpler controls was nice.

My birthday is a few days before Christmas and I also got Rayman Legends which I've not played before. That's also a lot of fun and absolutely beautiful.

Finally I treated myself to Rocket League, I played it recently in split screen on my friend's PS4, so on sale at £11 in the e-shop it seemed like a bargain.

Honest to god, I think I've spent more on gaming in the 8 months of switch ownership than I had in the previous decade.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    I got Mariokart and Mario Odyssey, both obviously excellent. I also got a case and bag for the switch, a second charger to bring out of the house, and some mini steering wheel attachments for playing Mariokart. It was great fun on Christmas evening with the extended family
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    We got one for my daughters for Christmas.  Just played the dancing game and Splatoon so far.  Have ordered Mario Karts plus the mini steering wheels.

Interesting that the cartridge for Mario Karts was cheaper than the download though - at least the places I looked.
  • crunchman said:

Interesting that the cartridge for Mario Karts was cheaper than the download though - at least the places I looked.
    Pretty much always the case..

im not gaming too much recently but when I do it’s the Switch I am, got Brawler off the eshop last week, great fun and very well made for a Super Smash Bros. clone
  • Great news, the mobile bullet hell shmup Aka to Blue is coming out on the Switch in 2018 and will be called Aka to Blue: type S.

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/169118879189

On mobile Aka to Blue looks like this:  

Hopefully it will be a direct port.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    I got Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a gift from the wife

its a lot of fun, a bit different and quirky but it’s keeping me interested.  

its odd hearing Japanese anime characters talk in broad uk accents.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Bit slow on this as son got his switch for Christmas, but Jesus how good is breath of the wild? This coming from someone who's literally never played a Zelda game before, it's almost perfection
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27586
    I am greatly enjoying Breath of the Wild.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BOTW is the best things I’ve played in years. Really simply but super deep and engaging (rather than just addicting).

MrsF is currently on Rayman Legends, and I just started Skyrim. I might even finish it this time...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    BOTW is probably the best game I've played since Ocarina of Time, which was my favourite N64 game. I've dozens of hours in it but probably have 100+ more to play. I've most of the master sword trials to do, and a lot of the stuff from the DLC2 pack too, and about 600 more Koroks to find.

I got Mariokart and Mario Odyssey for Christmas, both of which are great. I've about 170 power moons in Mario so loads to get yet.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • I've been playing a bit of rocket league but I find it quite frustrating, I'm far from good but playing random games, too many of them seem to be decided by whichever side has a player who is worse than useless, scoring own goals and instead of taking up a good position when you are pushing forward, drive into you trying to get the ball... When it's good it's really good, but when it's frustrating it's incredibly frustrating!

Compared to splatoon 2, there are some games where someone disconnects instantly or is AFK for the entire round putting you at a big disadvantage, but that seems to be one game in ten (which with the right team you can still win) rather than every other.

I'm getting stuck into Rayman legends as well, it's stunning. I particularly like the music levels, where if you get everything just right you are perfectly in time with the beat.