Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• I nearly pulled the trigger on Splatoon2 t’other day but decided against... the no split screen multiplayer is such a shame
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I nearly pulled the trigger on Splatoon2 t’other day but decided against... the no split screen multiplayer is such a shame
    It's the absolute worst thing about it. Even Splatoon 1 on Wii U had 2 player local multiplayer, with one using the tv and other using the screen on the handset. It's not beyond the realms of possibility for it to be added later (it wouldn't be the first switch game to have multiplayer added later, such as mario versus rabbids, stardew valley) but maybe it is too confusing to follow with too much happening on screen at once. The main thing that bugs me about it is that it is a multiplayer shooter first and foremost, yet with no local multiplayer and still a badly implemented online system (having to sort out third party voice chat etc.).

Having said all that it is my most played switch game, even beyond BOTW...
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2364
    The Pro Pad is down to £49.99 on Amazon at the moment: Pro Pad
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    PVO_Dave said:
    Shame the variants arent discounted.
  • PVO_Dave said:
    Not anymore sadly! How annoying -I would've bought one.
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 840
    We bought a Switch for kids for christmas. Bloody fantastic and so glad we got this rather than PS4 - the tone of the games is perfect for them (6 and 9 y/o). Mario a big hit. BOTW is a bit too immersive for a 9 year old but I fancy a go myself :-)
    Anyone know if there are plans for updated versions of older classic Nintendo games? I loved playing some Game and Watch sims on the 3DS and old NES games. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I may have mentioned this before but, Jesus Breath of the Wild is good, yes I'm still ummm "helping my son" play breath of the wild, sometimes long after he's gone to bed, in to the early hours, I'm still helping :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavis said:
    We bought a Switch for kids for christmas. Bloody fantastic and so glad we got this rather than PS4 - the tone of the games is perfect for them (6 and 9 y/o). Mario a big hit. BOTW is a bit too immersive for a 9 year old but I fancy a go myself :-)
    Anyone know if there are plans for updated versions of older classic Nintendo games? I loved playing some Game and Watch sims on the 3DS and old NES games. 
    Lots of old NES games are coming out and Super Mario Bros is out already. Hopefully the Virtual Console will have SNES and NES games on there.  

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/mario_bros_to_kick_off_arcade_archives_range_on_nintendo_switch

Anyone gonna get Super Meat Boy?
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

Me and the boy are going to go halves on a Switch I think.  Are all the games cartridge or can you download games as well?   I'm wondering if there are cheaper options than the games in the shops which seem to be mainly over £40.

We have an Xbox already which you can get loads of budget games, so seems better value on the face of it.   I costed a Switch and 3 games and it came in around £450 with a case.  Just wondering if there's any way to pad out those 3 games with downloadable content.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    You can download but will want to add a microSD if planning to do that a lot.   Have a look at the Nintendo store.  Games are not always cheaper on there, downloads cost more for some kind of convienience tax.... but they are building up a nice catalogue of budget titles
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I’m a big fan of downloads. They’re a little more money, but it means not having to swap cards (good for home) and not having to take cards with you when out & about
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I’m a big fan of downloads. They’re a little more money, but it means not having to swap cards (good for home) and not having to take cards with you when out & about
    I’m not - mine seems to corrupt game data fairly regularly, forcing me to redownload the entire thing again. Thankfully my save files haven’t been affected though, they really need to sort out a cloud backup / save export option!!!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The thing that stops me buying downloads is the cost, they should be a fair bit cheaper, with a physical game it has a trade in value when your finished with it, a download doesn't, the price should reflect that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I’m a big fan of downloads. They’re a little more money, but it means not having to swap cards (good for home) and not having to take cards with you when out & about
    I’m not - mine seems to corrupt game data fairly regularly, forcing me to redownload the entire thing again. Thankfully my save files haven’t been affected though, they really need to sort out a cloud backup / save export option!!!
    What kind of SD card are you using?  Have you tried reformatting?   

• underdog said:
    The thing that stops me buying downloads is the cost, they should be a fair bit cheaper, with a physical game it has a trade in value when your finished with it, a download doesn't, the price should reflect that.
    Yeah that’s the problem with downloads.  Nintendo don’t give you a refund, which is a bit disappointing.  

At least most of the ACA Hamster titles are available MAME so you can try before you buy.  
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    There's a Nintendo Direct rumoured for later this month.  Quite a bit of speculation about what will be announced especially considering the "leak" of the 5.0.0 update.  It it's real it would suggest that various streaming services and virtual console are imminent.
    RedRabbit said:
    There's a Nintendo Direct rumoured for later this month.  Quite a bit of speculation about what will be announced especially considering the "leak" of the 5.0.0 update.  It it's real it would suggest that various streaming services and virtual console are imminent.
    Let's hope so. All I *really* want is Super Mario World and a left joycon with a D-pad. Those aren't too much to ask, right?

I'm hoping they'll also show the new Metroid, and maybe even a hint of the inevitable Smash Bros?
  • RedRabbit said:
    Let's hope so. All I *really* want is Super Mario World and a left joycon with a D-pad. Those aren't too much to ask, right?

I'm hoping they'll also show the new Metroid, and maybe even a hint of the inevitable Smash Bros?
    The "button" style joycon is horrible, one of the design flaws of the Switch if you're using it in portable mode.
    RedRabbit said:

The "button" style joycon is horrible, one of the design flaws of the Switch if you're using it in portable mode.
    Yeah, I totally get why they've done it, so you can play instant 2-player on the go with identical controllers, but it's rubbish for 2D stuff. I love the Pro for home though. Just a brilliant controller.