Over ear wired headphones for £100 - £150

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Rocker said:
    Superlux from Thomann. Way way under your budget. Seriously good kit for peanuts. Buy some before they realise just how good they are...
    This. Available on Amazon too - fantastic value for money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh and I got the HD681B and am very happy indeed.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    Rocker said:
    Superlux from Thomann. Way way under your budget. Seriously good kit for peanuts. Buy some before they realise just how good they are...
    What model, matey?
    I got HD681, amazing sound quality for the price.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Ahh there's too many options!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AliGorieAliGorie Frets: 308
    edited January 2018
    Sennheiser Pro HD25 ii 70 ohm
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11805
    AliGorie said:
    I have a pair of those, the MDR 7506 IMO is better.
  • AliGorie said:
    Could you compare the MDR 7506 to any of the other headphoens in this thread @RaymondLin?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11805
    AliGorie said:
    Could you compare the MDR 7506 to any of the other headphoens in this thread @RaymondLin?
    There are no bad headphones recommended in this thread but if you want neutral and studio quality, there is only 1 candidate IMO and that’s the 7506.

All the others are coloured in one way or the other, Grado SR60 for example is great but it’s open, it’s small cup on ear and has its own character.  Good headphones but not studio headphones, hence you won’t find them in studios.

look up the wiki page for 7506 and you’ll see what I mean, they are industry standard and for good reasons.
  • AliGorie said:
    There are no bad headphones recommended in this thread but if you want neutral and studio quality, there is only 1 candidate IMO and that’s the 7506.

All the others are coloured in one way or the other, Grado SR60 for example is great but it’s open, it’s small cup on ear and has its own character.  Good headphones but not studio headphones, hence you won’t find them in studios.

look up the wiki page for 7506 and you’ll see what I mean, they are industry standard and for good reasons.
    Thanks Raymond.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    AKG K550’s

• Just found out my SCHC 1020 _doesn't_ have an audio output jack.  

So, with this in mind, any suggestions for over ear wireless headphones for around £100 - £150ish.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Just found out my SCHC 1020 _doesn't_ have an audio output jack.  

So, with this in mind, any suggestions for over ear wireless headphones for around £100 - £150ish.
    I'm in the market for a set, too.    Sennheiser HD 4.40BT seem to be the ones to try at that price point.  
    Might get some from Argos and take them back if they're no good....
    Argos have Sennheiser wireless Urbanite headphones on sale for £109.  Usual price is £249.... I tried the wired versions a while ago and they were great. 
  • RobDavies said:
    Just found out my SCHC 1020 _doesn't_ have an audio output jack.  

I'm in the market for a set, too.    Sennheiser HD 4.40BT seem to be the ones to try at that price point.  
    Might get some from Argos and take them back if they're no good....
    Thanks matey.
    Did you get sorted @bingefeller ?

I bought the 4.40BT's, the 4.5BTNC's' and the Urbanites.

The Urbanites were the comfiest but were ridiculously bassy.  So then it was a choice of whether to pay the extra forty quid for the noise cancelling on the 4.5's.  It is. 

Argos took back the other pairs with no quibble. 
  • RobDavies said:
    Did you get sorted @bingefeller ?

I bought the 4.40BT's, the 4.5BTNC's' and the Urbanites.

The Urbanites were the comfiest but were ridiculously bassy.  So then it was a choice of whether to pay the extra forty quid for the noise cancelling on the 4.5's.  It is. 

Argos took back the other pairs with no quibble. 
    Ahh yes, I got sorted thanks.

I ended up getting the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X headphones.  I've never had a proper expensive set of headphones before so the difference between these and anything else I've ever owned is night and day.  I wouldn't say these are very bassy, but they do have a lot more bass than any of my other headphones.

I ended up getting wired because my Panasonic SCHC 1020 doesn't broadcast music via bluetooth unless you have a special Panasonic Allmusic speaker or headphone set up.  This is kind of disappointing and something I didn't think of when choosing it, but it's not that important as there are plenty of other sources I can plug the headphones in to.