Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

OK Who forgot to pack the mixing Desk?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    I forgot my amps footswitch once. A quick mooch around the pub garden and in my bag found a clothes peg, some silver paper and I stole the bottom base plate off my mates pedal. Then I cut the end off a cheap lead and made this contraption up which did the job perfectly 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's full on McGyver @Danny1969 but I assume you needed to hold it down when you needed to switch channel?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's full on McGyver @Danny1969 but I assume you needed to hold it down when you needed to switch channel?
    i reckon thats whats inside most pedals anyway  :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    That's full on McGyver @Danny1969 but I assume you needed to hold it down when you needed to switch channel?
    The amp I needed it for, a BS HT5 needs a momentary footswitch to switch channels so no need to hold it down on that amp but yeah other amps need a latching. 

I lent a friend of mine my little Fender amp the other day and that came back with this chucked in the back of it :)

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71958
    A good trick if you need a latching footswitch is if you have a spare pedal - it needs to be true-bypass or old-fashioned 'half bypass' with a mechanical click switch, Boss-type buffered pedals don't work - is that if you plug a cable into the output jack and turn the pedal volume down to zero it will work as a footswitch. If you plug a patch cable into the input as well the LED will also work, if that's useful (although not necessarily the right way round, depending on the amp's switching logic).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Played a gig with a drummer once who turned up pissed, had forgotten his stool, his hi-hat clutch and his sticks....

We found him a plastic, 'public hall' style chair to sit on, his hi-hats remained semi closed regardless of song all night and luckily we found a bamboo plant in the corner of the club which broke up and fashioned some 'sticks' out of with some gaffa at each end...
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Danny1969 said:
    I forgot my amps footswitch once. A quick mooch around the pub garden and in my bag found a clothes peg, some silver paper and I stole the bottom base plate off my mates pedal. Then I cut the end off a cheap lead and made this contraption up which did the job perfectly 

You should delete that picture - Ashdown will use it for their next amp...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71958
    Bridgehouse said:

You should delete that picture - Ashdown will use it for their next amp...
    Don't give them hints on how to improve their products, let them work it out for themselves!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Forgot the mixing desk once
    fortunatley I sprang for the line 6 speaker with the built in mixer which gave me two vocals
    i then ran the 3rd vocal into a monitor and slaved it out to the PA for the third one
    we got by but I’ve since racked it with a lot of the other gear so I don’t do it again

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I dont tend to forget stuff as i keep my rig minimal, but i've had other band members that have forgotten stuff.