Comments

• JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    edited December 2017
    Edit: duplicate post.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    JEPBLEP said:
    JEPBLEP said:

Had a little cabinet made to keep things tidy in the study - it’s low enough to be able to swing a foot at, but is mostly perfect for swivelling my chair around and tweaking without spending hours with my ass on the floor. sweat_smile 

Measured it out so it fits a JTM1 head and the Space Echo side by side - taking the whirring of the tape away from the cab. Also, more knobs to twist…

I keep coming back to look at this board, it’s like who’s and who of pedals, Klon, Cali, analogue man, spaceman, Cornish, Fairfield, Strymon, and it’s so neat and tidy.
    Thanks man! Appreciate it's a bit of a hype-board, but hey - if it ain't broken... Plenty of effort that went into the neat and tidy bit - did a little write-up here (bonus pics of the underneath ).
    I keep meaning to order my King of Tone but I’ve already have enough OD pedals...

i didnt get myself a spudnik in time and now they are silly money although my favourite fuzz are more traditional, Spudnik is way out there for me but it sure is unique.  Got a Cali 76 compact instead of the full size one (it’ll do) to save room.

what Strat is that? Looks like my dream strat.
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188

I keep meaning to order my King of Tone but I’ve already have enough OD pedals...

i didnt get myself a spudnik in time and now they are silly money although my favourite fuzz are more traditional, Spudnik is way out there for me but it sure is unique.  Got a Cali 76 compact instead of the full size one (it’ll do) to save room.

I've seen a couple of KoT's come and go here for just over cost, so there's a way to shortcut! The Sputnik is definitely a beast on its own but surprisingly versatile - does everything from really subtle boost when the volume is rolled back, all the way to "f-me-my-amp-is-dying"-kinda tones. The Cali76 was a bit of a fluke tbh, I got it from a visit to NO.TOM where I had the compact deluxe ringed up and as Ron was talking about how they were flying out like hotcakes and that it was a shame they discontinued the TX version and that he had the last 4 out for production. That was like a red flag on a bull, so I walked out with a slightly larger compressor than I had planned! :)

The strat is awesome, albeit a bit left field for some:

It's a limited edition (1 of 20) custom shop Mischief Maker - olympic white over 3-tone sunburst strat body, big fat v-shaped 50's tele neck. It reminded me of the tele necked strat that Hendrix sported at Newport. Anyway, I can bore you with the details, but it's tasty. :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11813
    JEPBLEP said:

I've seen a couple of KoT's come and go here for just over cost, so there's a way to shortcut! The Sputnik is definitely a beast on its own but surprisingly versatile - does everything from really subtle boost when the volume is rolled back, all the way to "f-me-my-amp-is-dying"-kinda tones. The Cali76 was a bit of a fluke tbh, I got it from a visit to NO.TOM where I had the compact deluxe ringed up and as Ron was talking about how they were flying out like hotcakes and that it was a shame they discontinued the TX version and that he had the last 4 out for production. That was like a red flag on a bull, so I walked out with a slightly larger compressor than I had planned! :)

The strat is awesome, albeit a bit left field for some:

It's a limited edition (1 of 20) custom shop Mischief Maker - olympic white over 3-tone sunburst strat body, big fat v-shaped 50's tele neck. It reminded me of the tele necked strat that Hendrix sported at Newport. Anyway, I can bore you with the details, but it's tasty. :)
    Well, I got to the top of the queue for KoT a while ago, so no need to order used, I can actually order the spec I want, I just haven't got around to it really.  

I love that Strat, almost the one i want, almost :lol: 

• I've not put anything up here for a while...apologies for the rubbish photo

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 463
  • @edenfield99 That's an esoteric selection of pedals there, mate. That must sound very analogy-vibey indeed.
  • @vasselmeyer Analog and vibey is a good description...I’m looking forward to the first rehearsal with it this week
  • steersteer Frets: 1161
    edited January 2018
    Here's mine. Nowt too boutique.

Bought about half of it on here. 

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2208
    edited January 2018
    Still really enjoying this board and set-up:

https://imgur.com/gallery/43EyG
  • Still really enjoying this board and set-up:

Intentional lack of picture?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    edited January 2018
  • tone1 said:
    My work in progress......

https://i.imgur.com/jCQebhk.jpg
    There’s some big hitters there

Now edited with link. Still having trouble embedding photos.

https://m.imgur.com/TbAH0wO
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Can’t argue with two of your choices ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    edited January 2018
    Gav..Just offloaded an Effectrode Blackbird, Thorpy Peacekeeper, Buffalo Evolution, Skreddy swirl and Skreddy Echo)
    Also I've been restricting myself to the excellent Smorgborg Grab 600 single row board from Dindude but running out of space...Hence the temporary wood base. I'm looking at some wooden boards from Alderandash

Currently i'm left with.....

LazyJ Cruiser Deuce
    Carl Martin Tuner
    ThorpyFx Veteran Germanium
    ThorpyFx Veteran Silicon
    Palmer Solid Metal (No I don't play Metal but it's my distortion go to)
    EHX Small Stone Phaser ( Just nails all the classic tones and does a mean univibe impression)
    Providence Chrono Delay (after ditching the Skreddy echo)
    And finally a JRockett Boing Reverb...

Still fancy a Strymon Flint again and maybe a TC SCF for Chorus/Flange Duties 

Can’t argue with two of your choices ;)
    I'm guessing the Fairfield and the Chase Bliss? Yep, superb. The Accountant is always on, and housemate got me one of the new TC Unitune clip-ons, so no need for a tuner on the board for the moment.

The three big Strymons are still working for me, sound superb, does everything from conventional classic sounds to bliss-out shoegazey weirdness, and if I need more weird, the Particle is there. As for the Jam Rattler, well a Rat of some kind is an indie-boy prerequisite :)
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Still really enjoying this board and set-up:

https://imgur.com/gallery/43EyG
    That's begging for a midi controller, 

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    New board for 2018

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How's the Moog flanger @Teetonetal ?
    Isnitnas good as the clusterflux?

Great board by the way
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.