Combined Chorus and Flanger pedal - Solved!

What's Hot
springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
edited January 2018 in FX
I use chorus in maybe only 3 songs when we gig, and flanger on one hence a single pedal and bending down between songs to change settings isn't a problem.  Currently using an old TC SCF pedal which is great but I'd like to build a smaller pedal board, maybe even go all mini.  Hence I'm trying to find if possible one mod pedal that will do both chorus and flanging. 

So far I've found the Mooer Mod Factory Mini, looks great, even does a few more effects which could be useful.  But then the reviews generally say the sounds aren't that great and you get a level drop when you turn it on.  Think that rules that one out.

Anything else out there that might fit the build, maybe even in the next size up - 1590B in Hammond terms?  Otherwise I might look out for secondhand separate TC mini pedals - Corona and Vortex.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    Zoom MS-70 CDR
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    edited January 2018

Otherwise I might look out for secondhand separate TC mini pedals - Corona and Vortex.

You could just get one larger-sized pedal - using the toneprint editor, you can get flanging or chorus out of either (I've recently seen a video where TC Tore explicitly says this). So you could either get the Corona (and have one flanger in the toneprint slot) or the Vortex if you prefer flanger s (with one chorus setting).

You can even get a tri-chorus setting out of the Flashback delay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    I’ve got a home for your full sized TC SCF if you decide to go all mini... :)
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1583
    Quick replies!   Zoom looks interesting, never heard of that one, I'll check it out.

I've got a Flashback (full size) and yes, you can have a mod delay in there which does a fair chorus - or are you saying you can have a tri-chorus as a Tone Print? Didn't know the full size Corona and Vortex would allow you to have effectively the other as a tone print - you'd think they'd block that from working? that's very interesting.  I'll investigate further!

• There is actually a 'Tri-chorus' toneprint available. Or you could make your own with the editor - basically involves silencing the delay part.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I think the SCF *IS* the solution to this problem and it would be madness to do anything else.

• Didn't TC release a limited edition Corona chorus in SCF livery?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Didn't TC release a limited edition Corona chorus in SCF livery?

Indeed they did. 

http://www.tcelectronic.com/corona-chorus/

If the toggle switch lets you shift between a chorus set with the knobs and a flanger TonePrint then it would be a very handy pedal removing the need for separate power on the original and smaller.  
  • I've tracked down the video with Tore ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeshnjK3oec

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I've tracked down the video with Tore ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeshnjK3oec

Every time I see Tore I think he is a nice guy. Just wanted to say it 
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    Strymon deco? Plus echo. Plus slap back. Plus saturation. Not mini however. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Been said already but tc do a flanger toneprint ( well, 2 or 3 of them I think) for the Corona chorus. I didn't know there was a chorus toneprint for their flanger though ( obviously is). 
    The Source Audio Gemini Chorus and other modulation pedals in the same series let you download any mod model to replace an onboard one using their app. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    The SCF is lovely and does the job.  This idea stems partly from wanting to build a second board to leave in our rehearsal space (other guitar players basement).  So main board with the SCF would stay home with me (sorry @tone1 !) and I thought a simple, smaller board could live at his place. 

Tore does indeed come across as a nice guy, and that video is interesting - might be worth getting one full size pedal - say the Corona, and building a flanger tone-print for it.  Thanks for the tip!

• I've just been looking - TC do an 'SCF flanger' toneprint for the Corona chorus. There's also an 'SCF chorus' - if I understand correctly, the limited edition SCF Corona has SCF Chorus and Tri-chorus as it's presets and then you can load the SCF Flanger into the toneprint slot.
    SCF flanger tone print on the Corona would be ideal. It should then pretty much match the flange sound I use on the 'real' SCF.  I'm not too precious about chorus sounds, just use very sparingly for a bit of texture, but a flange sound has to be right, for me.  Thank you!
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    T-Rex Twister2?

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    That Twister looks interesting but doesn't seem to be available at the moment?  I think the TC Corona with a flanger tone-print is the way to go though.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Digitech nautila 
  • That Twister looks interesting but doesn't seem to be available at the moment?  I think the TC Corona with a flanger tone-print is the way to go though.
    The Corona is good, but the flange Toneprint, SCF Flange I'm assuming you mean, isn't typically flangey.  
    My SCF doesn't do jet-plane type flange, it's a bit less extreme than that.  If the SCF Corona tone-print matches the flange mode of SCF itself I'll be happy.  Might need to find a demo now to make sure!