Katana Air

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    Ooh, I like the look of that. The Katana Mini was a huge disappointment for me, so this could be a great lounge practice tool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    That's actually pretty cool.. no prices yet though :)
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    Interesting to see more products sitting in the middle ground between Musical Instruments and Consumer Tech. This makes me think that Gibson are missing a trick here after their recent Consumer Tech acquisitions. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    30 watts???
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Roland/Boss are really on form. The Katana is probably the best amp purchase I've made in a long time, considering the crazy low price.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    £429 which is quite a lot more than any other Katana. 
    I do like the feature set tough and would at a push of bought this over the K50 I have just for connection ease for eq editing and such. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

About time the THR10 had some competition.  The wireless option is great, could see me using this around the house.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    It's the battery powered + wireless that is the great combo...  

I think one of the L6 spiders (5?) does wireless and at i imagine (haven't looked, just assuming) at a lower price.

I see the Katana Air as a convenient toy.. 
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited January 2018
    Andertons showing it at £389
    The 8 x AA is a big turn off for me.  Li-ion batteries would have increased the price too much I guess.  I'd still just get a 100w head but it shows what Katana hardware Mk2 may be like (app control etc)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-katana-air-guitar-amplifier-premium-katana-tone-in-a-totally-wireless-guitar-amp-ktnair

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3299
    andyoz said:
    Andertons showing it at £389
    The 8 x AA is a big turn off for me.  Li-ion batteries would have increased the price too much I guess.  I'd still just get a 100w head but it shows what Katana hardware Mk2 may be like (app control etc)

https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-katana-air-guitar-amplifier-premium-katana-tone-in-a-totally-wireless-guitar-amp-ktnair

£389 is good for wirelessly connecting to two, it was musicradar who where stating £429
  • Wow, that looks amazing for a small practice amp - I would love to not have to plug the guitar in.

It's hardly a huge problem, but the cables are messy. I'm not sure I'd take one of these over a katana 50 for home use, but I think this has a market for sure 
  • It looks fab, but I'm not really sure where this is supposed to be pitched. Too expensive for a practice amp, but no speaker out so probably not loud enough for gigging. No mic input so not practical for busking despite being battery powered and wireless. It's a "nearly" amp. It nearly does a lot of things but not quite.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    edited January 2018
    Once you get sick of charging the batteries you'll end up using the AC adaptor that isn't as tidy as a stock kettle lead on the normal Katanas (that have internal power supply)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2018
    Are the guitar FX fully stereo, i.e. chorus?  I'm still not 100% clear as the blurb says "The amp also provides integrated access to over 50 BOSS effects, including mod, delay, reverb effects optimized for the Katana-Air’s stereo speaker system"
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    I imagine this on a shelf in Tony Stark's office. Beyond that I'm not sure how big the market is. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Looks great, would be a nice alternative to the THR10 series. Would have to decide whether the wireless capabilities are worth it!
  • For that sort of money, you could buy a Katana 50, and a Smoothound, and a footswitch, and a bluetooth adapter, and you've got a rig that does everything the Air does - except run on batteries - and is giggable to boot.  Don't really get it, TBH.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    For that sort of money, you could buy a Katana 50, and a Smoothound, and a footswitch, and a bluetooth adapter, and you've got a rig that does everything the Air does - except run on batteries - and is giggable to boot.  Don't really get it, TBH.
    I agree - I thought it was just me. This market seems crowded but Roland/Boss have a reputation for quality and a big marketing budget.

It would be great to see a standard emerge for digital modelling impulses so you could buy models of amps and FX you really want from a wide range of companies and load them onto an amp like this .... think VST for DAW plugins.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I like it.  I’m a short on space so something like this would be good for me when I just want to play without having the hassle of plugging in pedals. 

Cant wait to see what Boss are bringing out at NAMM.  
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    At 20 watts running batteries, by my calculations you'd have to change batteries every 1 hour and 15 mins...
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom