Gigging Acoustic recommendations

What's Hot
Hi All,

Sorry to start yet another recommendation thread!  But really do need some advice.

Looking to replace my old Ibanez AEL40 acoustic which has served me well. Playability is great but the electrics are a bit lacking . I am starting a new acoustic duo venture so need to upgrade. Budget is around £600. Will be playing all sorts of styles so new guitar needs to be a good all rounder.
Only thing I've looked at so far is the Faith Naked series which seems to fit the bill but wondering what else I should be considering. 

Any help much appreciated.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413

Martin OOOX1AE is worth a look.

On its own the pickup is ok but doesn't sound as good as a K&K.  I use a TC Bodyrez pedal with mine that makes it sound a lot more natural.  These days I'd get the Boss acoustic pedal though. The TC is a breakdown waiting to happen based on my experience of their other gear.

• Faith are excellent :)

I have a Washburn SBF-80 which I think is great for gigging. Impervious to feedback, sounds excellent with a Marshall AS50D. Not sure how easy they are to find though ...
    http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/musophilr/WashburnSBF-80_zps0f3d9fa1.jpg

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    didn't Sammy Hagar play one of those? 

Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    didn't Sammy Hagar play one of those? 

I think you refer to the RR-100 (Red Rocker) model. It was similar
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Taylor 114e - just awesome in my opinion.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • A Yamaha LL6ARE or AC1 are worth looking at. As above Taylor 110e is a decent guitar and would do the job, although a bit over your budget new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 531
    Thanks for the replies.The Taylor and Martin options look worthy of further investigation.