Katana Air

What's Hot

Comments

• gubblegubble Frets: 1737

Very Cool - very Expensive.....

If it was say £100-£150 then maybe but at that price it's a bit to much I fear

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    For the last year I've been using XviveU2 radios - so handy and quick, use with any amp, - I use with my Vox mini5 but equally with my 40w hot rod ffor gigs, even quickly switching amps & guitars. For €150 offers a lot more opportunities for less money IMHO.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    edited January 2018

I'd be interested at £150 to £200, £389 seems very steep for a practise amp with 2 small speakers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    Maynehead said:
    At 20 watts running batteries, by my calculations you'd have to change batteries every 1 hour and 15 mins...
    You're forgetting, they're Roland watts, from their Katana perpetual motion amplifiers. 
    ;) 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31367
    I can see a big market for this tbh, there are a hell of a lot of 'home only' guitarists who seem to have money to burn compared to those of us who need to justify costs against potential income. 

It's not cheap, but it actually looks like a really neat thing to have around the house, and I bet it sounds good.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534

As much as I like it, it's just too pricey at nearly £400. Having a cable at home isn't THAT much of a faff. They should do two versions, one with wireless one without me thinks. Then there is that recent horror story on here of someone's Roland Blues Cube breaking down and not being able to get it repaired that has made me think twice about spending anything other than disposable money on Roland / Boss stuff.

Initial excitement muted right now.

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I'd probably use it a lot if I had one, but no way would I burn that amount of money just to save the hassle of getting a guitar lead out. 

Still, the mobile app is a positive move, especially if it leads the way to USB mobile editing on the existing amps
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    Trude said:
    I'd probably use it a lot if I had one, but no way would I burn that amount of money just to save the hassle of getting a guitar lead out. 

Exactly what I was going to say!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Maynehead said:
    At 20 watts running batteries, by my calculations you'd have to change batteries every 1 hour and 15 mins...
    That's not good.  You'd probably be best playing wirelessly into it and just running the amp off the mains.......although that defeats the purpose somewhat.
  • i think its a gimmicky overpriced toy. im sure it sounds good but for £390? cmon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

What would have been good as well would be an instrument out, so you could just as a guitar transmitter/receiver.  It looks easily small enough to sit on top of  a conventional head amp.
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Yeah, seems weird to pay for that wireless freedom and then not be able to use it on stage, where it'd be the most useful.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356

Wow, is plugging in a mains lead and a 1\4 jack such as hardship Boss can charge £350 for what's essentially a little practice amp ? Are people really that lazy ?
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11670
    It is joining the expensive Praccy amp market with the Vox Handbag and the THR10 - very pricey though...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    Totally ludicrous in my view.  For that money you can buy the 50w Katana, floor controller, and Line 6 G10 that can be used with any amp or mfx unit.  
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Shock horror. Boss release something and everybody hates it before they’ve tried/seen it.

they will sell loads, there are guitar players who don’t go on forums and just play for fun at home, for that purpose it looks like a neat package.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    timmysoft said:
    Shock horror. Boss release something and everybody hates it before they’ve tried/seen it.

they will sell loads, there are guitar players who don’t go on forums and just play for fun at home, for that purpose it looks like a neat package.
    I certaily don't hate it, it does look a neat package.  Not really much hate on this thread to be fair, just dissapointment at the price.

It looks expensive for what it is and will be out of reach for much of the target audience who do play for fun at home, which is a pity as the Katana's have been good value up until this one.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    Why is it so expensive ? It might run on batteries but they don't even supply a LIPO pack with a charge system, you gotta buy AA's
    The wireless receiver won't add much on as there's no enclosure and the power supply is already in the amp. 

It's a fine bit of thinking but a bit overpriced IMHO  
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    edited January 2018
    It looks great, but it is definitey a lot of money. I'm guessing street price will be 350 before the end of the year.

For not much more you could get an ipad (330), korg plugkey (60), and a Line 6 G10 (120)...

FWIW I would be front of the queue for a THR-like thing that's under 250 and pays nice with pedals.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Not for me, but hey...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.