The Rock Project

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Respect and plaudits folks, that's a really important step you made there. Addictive isn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Thx Mike yes would love to do more and will be more relaxed next time. 

& I can now tick "live gig guitar solo" of my bucket list - only took me 51 years!
  • Nicely done, @pmbomb !

I did Signed, Sealed Delivered, Echo Beach, and The Chain.

And just picked up my guitar, went to tune the top E back up to pitch - and it snapped.  Guess I got lucky ('cos if it had gone during the Chain solo, that really would have sounded shit!)

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Right, finally got some videos uploaded!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered - turns out I was playing the right chords after all.  Oh well...  (I'm right of shot with the LP Special.)

Echo Beach - video quality's a bit crap; doing the chorused parts and a rough facsimile of the sax solo.  (Special mention for Alun on this one who first picked up a bass guitar at the start of the course.)

The Chain - doing the clean parts and solo.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Good work Jonathan. Good to see a confident singer ready to give it some too.

We've started the year doing Rockin' In The Free World - which is a great result. I've been air-guitaring to that nearly 30 years now I get to air-guitar legitimately holding a guitar!

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4500
    edited January 2018
    Thanks @pmbomb. ; Unfortunately had to pull out of this term, but hopefully back in the summer.

edited March 2018
    --redacted - just having a whinge, take no notice--