Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    @meltedbuzzbox it's very good. As is the chorus. Clusterflux on my fixed board at home.

I'm not in a band right now so this board is a designed to rediscover and have fun with pedals that I moved on from.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • snow_macsnow_mac Frets: 0
    edited January 2018

back on it after a 5 year guitar/pedal hiatus.. expecting to regret the patch lead size when it comes to getting them on a board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosden said:
    Still really enjoying this board and set-up:

https://imgur.com/gallery/43EyG
    That's begging for a midi controller, 

The MIDI world looks bloody complicated but yes, I can see the merit of having one if I start gigging with the guitar. What would you recommend? An ES-5?
  • sgosden said:

The MIDI world looks bloody complicated but yes, I can see the merit of having one if I start gigging with the guitar. What would you recommend? An ES-5?
    MC6
  • sgosden said:

MC6
    I had one, but seeing as I'm not currently gigging (and can make it though a jam without one) it never got used so sold it back to Waz. Definitely will add one in future if it becomes necessary, though.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    sgosden said:

MC6
    I had one, but seeing as I'm not currently gigging (and can make it though a jam without one) it never got used so sold it back to Waz. Definitely will add one in future if it becomes necessary, though.
    I'm one of them dull helix twats now. But if I went pedal board again, I would have an MC6 in a heart beat. 

Midi always seems scary at first, but it's actually really logical and simple once you get the basics. I think alot of the difficulty has come from products that are hard to program as opposed to the 'language' itself. 
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188

In all seriousness though - that's reasonably tidy - are the purple lines carrying signal though? You probably don't want to strap those up with your power lines though right? 

Having said that, if it works, it works! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  
  • They are actually strapped separately. All power in first, then audio. If I were rebuilding he cables from scratch obviously I’d allow for right angles, but there are several hundred quids worth as it is - it’s still really quiet. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    snow_mac said:

back on it after a 5 year guitar/pedal hiatus.. expecting to regret the patch lead size when it comes to getting them on a board.
    Liking the look of that set-up. The essentials. Not that dissimilar to mine. I must post a pic soon.
  • JEPBLEPJEPBLEP Frets: 188
    edited January 2018
    They are actually strapped separately. All power in first, then audio. If I were rebuilding he cables from scratch obviously I’d allow for right angles, but there are several hundred quids worth as it is - it’s still really quiet. 
    Oh man, I have no doubt! And as a gigging artist you need to keep some leeway in there for changes, I suspect. So tidy enough! 
    I suppose you could move the purple patch cables to the bottom bar and keep the top bar tightened up for the CIOKS... grey_question 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7745

Not mine, but it feels like it could be one day:

No automatic alt text available

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Recently finished these for a pal... A and B rigs....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

Not mine, but it feels like it could be one day:

No automatic alt text available

That's how you do it
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    http://i66.tinypic.com/21kdv29.jpg

Simple set-up. Peavey modelling amp has so many fx built in with a programmable 12 store memory bank. Pedal can be expression, volume or wah.
    Not sure how to explain what I play - something along the lines of alt rock, blues, jazz folk. Maybe. A lot of clean(ish) tones anyway. Right to left: Donner Tuner. TC Electronic MojoMojo which I use for a smooth lead tone. Donner Morpher which is a Suhr Riot clone, I believe. Have it set up for a crunchy rhythm. Marshall Reflector - a great little reverb unit which I faff about with depending on the song. Behringer Vintage Phaser - £22 new and gives some fantastic late 70s sounds (think A Summers or D Gilmour) and TC Electronic Ditto Looper which I use for practicing all the time and for a few numbers during gigs.
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2189
    My board generally comprises:

Tuner --> 3 or 4 flavours of drive / boost (in constant flux) --> just 1 mod pedal (trem or phase 90 usually--> Reverb --> amp

...but I do feel this is still too much in the signal chain so thinking to switch to just one (versatile) drive pedal 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12323
    steer said:
    Here's mine. Nowt too boutique.

Bought about half of it on here. 

I'm a huge fan of the american sound.  I have it off my board as a standalone pedal to put in front of my champ when I can't be faffed to get the board and power supply out.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26874
    @poopot is that a Voodoo Blues front right? Brilliant sounding drive iirc. It might even be my old one. I'd love another if they did it in a smaller box
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    edited January 2018
    @poopot is that a Voodoo Blues front right? Brilliant sounding drive iirc. It might even be my old one. I'd love another if they did it in a smaller box
    @stickyfiddle ;Yes it’s a voodoo blues... got 2 brand new, roger made them for me over Christmas... (shameless name drop)... only made if you ask really nicely now
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1271
    New board for 2018

Nice to see the Tim Pierce still getting some love.