Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

They missed the Audi drivers

What's Hot
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 27576
    Mmm. Confirmation bias in action.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Probably :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27576
    To which I'll add anecdata; I was early arriving at a meeting on a building site, so waiting in the office portacabin thing. There were two chaps in there - I think one was an M&E estimator, the other a surveyor - and one had just bought himself a Jaguar XF - this was about five years ago at a guess. He was extolling its main benefit "I can drive like just as much of a **** as I did in my beemer or Audi, but people don't seem to realise".

;)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I would agree with BMW, Audi and range rovers as being the most impatient and aggressive on the road for sure. 

However I find Nissan (especially micra) and Kia drivers are definitely the most incompetent and dangerous drivers on the road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    There is nothing worse than a Nissan Patrol. It's an outward statement of "I could have got a landcruiser, but I specifically want to be associated with those other Patrol drivers who drive like dicks".
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    I would agree with BMW, Audi and range rovers as being the most impatient and aggressive on the road for sure. 

However I find Nissan (especially micra) and Kia drivers are definitely the most incompetent and dangerous drivers on the road.

Not in London.  It's the yummy mummies in their Chelsea tractors.
  • For other stereotypes that are probably true, see:

Citroen Picasso: For people that can't drive, don't mind losing all their money in the first two weeks and don't know anything about cars. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • It depends what BMW. 3-series drivers tend to be the worst, but I would actually say that Range Rover drivers are the ones I'd like to do away with.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    There seems to be significant levels of the fiat things pretending to be vintage cars driven by people with no concept of how to use lanes on motorways and dual carriageways.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    s'all about location, round here the worst and rudest drivers on the roads are the 16 yr old farmers sons in their dads tractors. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    I think the Beemer / Audi / Merc driver thing is well out of date..
    these days where I live it seems that most people drive like dicks no matter what they drive..
    also, sex and age don't seem to make much difference either

choose which lane to be in at traffic lights, a roundabout or junction seems to be based on which one gets you closest to the front of the queue rather than which direction you'll be heading in next..
    and so of course when it's time to head in the next direction there's the inevitable drag race and cutting up..
    and a red light seems only to mean stop after it's been on for a little while
    play every note as if it were your first
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1737

I've currently got a BMW M3 as a company pool car - and having previously owned a normal 3 series myself people do treat you differently I find when you're driving a BMW.

People can be less courteous and even quite aggressive when I'm driving the BMW - I really don't think I drive it any differently compared to my Merc or the wife's Fiat.

• Smart car drivers seem to have something to prove
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited January 2018
    My list of the worst-driven cars on the road, in the South East at least:

- Nissan Juke. This is a shit car bought by idiots, a theory borne out when you see one in action.
    - BMW 3 series. The embittered M1 tailgater's wheels of choice.
    - Audi A4. The embittered M1 tailgater's other wheels of choice.
    - Alfa Romeo Giulietta. A leftfield choice, as indeed is buying one. To my surprise, every time I see one it's being driven too fast by a cunt.
    - Addison Lee's fleet of Ford Galaxies. Fuck me.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    And how many BMW M3's get sold every year? Very few. I find the worst drivers are people in fast performance models from BMW, Audi, VW (especially the Golf GTi crowd), Jaguar and Range Rover drivers.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Range Rover drivers are some of the biggest idiots round my way, I am in Essex though.

However, I'd have to say the worst/most dangerous drivers I come across on the road are Geriatrics in those stupid little shopping trolly cars. No signalling, total lack of spacial awareness and parking ability, driving everywhere at 40 mph (including 30mph zones). Every week there seems to be story in the local paper of some old duffer who's mistaken the throttle for the brake pedal and put their car into a wall, onto some railings, on it's side or as a few years ago mounted the pavement in the high street (20mph zone) and killed a young woman. Definetely need to bring in retesting at 65 and every 3 or so years after.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I'd say newer model range rover drivers rather than the older ones...

Have to agree with BMW though - there is always an exception to the rule but in general it's these..

Few things that have happened to me..

BMW 7 series i think - Undertook me on small roundabout, weaved in and out of traffic.. cut lots of people off.  
    Seen this guy a few times... Always the same driving, in and out, overtaking on corners, undertaking where he could..

Range rover - one night, ranger rover overtook me (i was doing 60 on a 60 road..) guy leans out the window and drops a load of stones on the road in front of me. I was lucky not to crash. Caught up to him, got number plate, reported to police, showed police a chip in front of my car, criminal damage, happy days.

BMW in car park, parks, opens door wide hitting car next to it. Guy had a look, sneered and walked off. Quite a large dent left in car..

Huge number of times i've been tailgated by BMW drivers..  They get right up to a few feet of you, start flashing and honking like there's not a truck in front of me...

When they close a lane on expressways/motorways - everyone getting into lane, except the BMW who cruises right down to the road cones closing off the lane and forces way in being a right dick about it.. 

I could keep going.. just the sheer arrogance that they seem to have on the road.. 

Not saying it's just these, but in my experience, more often than not, if there is a dick driver, it's a BMW.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Range Rover drivers for the win, but honourable mentions:

- Toyota Prius (basically, Uber) drivers - loitering, stopping, U-turning, meandering wankers

- Pizza delivery twats on bikes - first of all, why is allowed that you can be paid to drive your motor vehicle whilst you have a Learner plate? If you want to use your bike for work, you should be forced to pass a bike test. Second, stop coming to my house by mistake - I have NEVER in my life ordered a delivery pizza.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
      jellyroll said:
    Range Rover drivers for the win, but honourable mentions:

- Toyota Prius (basically, Uber) drivers - loitering, stopping, U-turning, meandering wankers

- Pizza delivery twats on bikes - first of all, why is allowed that you can be paid to drive your motor vehicle whilst you have a Learner plate? If you want to use your bike for work, you should be forced to pass a bike test. Second, stop coming to my house by mistake - I have NEVER in my life ordered a delivery pizza.

Let's all order pizza and get it sent to @jellyroll ; :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    crunchman said:
    Let's all order pizza and get it sent to @jellyroll ; :)
    Ok, my address is c/o Architectural Photographer to the Stars.....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom