Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

They missed the Audi drivers

What's Hot

Comments

• revsorgrevsorg Frets: 874
    Smart Car drivers.  When they park at right angles so their bonnet sticks out beyond the row of other cars.  Makes me want to take a chainsaw to them.  And they drive like they have something to prove - "look at me, I can drive just as fast as normal sized cars".
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Round here the sell mercedes without reverse gear, and lets not get onto tractors towing muck spreaders
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Everyone turns into an asshole when they get behind the wheel of a car. Drivers of luxury cars just have a higher sense of entitlement.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Black Range Rover that carved me up on a roundabout this morning: YOU BASTARD!! :p
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    You only have to watch the dashcam compilations to show the original link, and most of the subsequent  crap in this thread is complete guff. 
  • Currently what's pissing me off is drivers who don't know / can't be arsed to use their handbrake. Sitting in a queue on the evening commute that's not moving and won't be for several minutes, modern car with super bright lights, foot brake engaged the whole time, blinding every fucker behind them. Why do people do this? It doesn't seem to be any particular brand of car. It's probably not even deliberate. Just one of those aggravating habits that creep in without the realisation that it completely fucks the night vision of the people behind you. Sometimes it's so bad that I put the sun visor down and my hand up until the traffic startsmoving again. They still don't notice. Knob heads. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27580
    I think that's gotten worse as there are more auto gearboxes, and more cars with auto-hold. On mine the auto-hold keeps the brake lights on. It takes but a moment to use the electronic parking brake (which turns off when you press the go pedal so it's no more effort) but as you say, a lot of people are lazy.

And some cars have crappy design where the stop-start doesn't work on the handbrake, or the engine fights it. Still lazy driving though.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    My experience is the total opposite. It's the little hood rats racing around in bangers with drain pipes for exhausts the epitome of bad driving and manners. As driving standards go in general, I think in the last ten years there's been a massive drop in common sense on the road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 845
    You must have all got stuck behind Honda Jazz drivers? They drive at 40 no matter what the speed limit.
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I think that's gotten worse as there are more auto gearboxes, and more cars with auto-hold. On mine the auto-hold keeps the brake lights on. It takes but a moment to use the electronic parking brake (which turns off when you press the go pedal so it's no more effort) but as you say, a lot of people are lazy.

And some cars have crappy design where the stop-start doesn't work on the handbrake, or the engine fights it. Still lazy driving though.
    Mine's an auto, albeit double clutch as it's a hybrid. It takes a second to put it in park, which doesn't glare behind. I don't actually have a hand brake, at least not the traditional kind. It has a high level parking brake where the clutch pedal would be. I rarely use it when driving as putting it in P is perfectly useable. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    Sporky said:
    Mmm. Confirmation bias in action.
    No, they really are terrible.

Unless I get one then, then we'll be amazing.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    Zoolooter said:
    My experience is the total opposite. It's the little hood rats racing around in bangers with drain pipes for exhausts the epitome of bad driving and manners. As driving standards go in general, I think in the last ten years there's been a massive drop in common sense on the road.
    I seem far too many in Golf R's and Audi S3's nowadays.  A vauxhall Nova used to be okay when I was a teenager.

I was pulling out of a side street on to a residential 20mph road the other day and 4 lads shot past in an S3 at about 60mph.
    Trouble is there are loads of parked cars on that road and visibility is really poor, most people drive less than 20 to compensate.  I was about 5 seconds from a major, major accident,
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    edited January 2018
    My Baby Beemer is in for engine w ork after me thrashing it for the past couple of years.  The dealers lent me an M-Sport 3 Series with an 8-speed Steptronic box with flappy-paddles on the steering wheel.

It's outside right now....

It's not entirely different from this....  (just a different colour)....

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    I find the following

- Maxi drivers: No clue
    - Allegro drivers: Wannabe coppers
    - Cortina Drivers: Mostly typewriter reps
    - Capri drivers: sheesh.
    - Beetle drivers: Courteous but slow.

I do live in the fens tho..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I find the following

no wonder you're 45 years out of date!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    I find the following

no wonder you're 45 years out of date!
    I described the cool modern drivers.

You should see the idiots in the Prefects...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    They don't laugh when I speed past them on my BSA tho...
  • *some* BSAs were good bikes.
    *some* BSAs were good bikes.
    Yeah, my model a is well rapid for overtaking those pesky locals in their Model T's
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom