Guitar speaker on airplane?

What's Hot
After purchasing flight looked on Lufthansa web for restricted items,and seen magnets are on ban to be carried on planes.So,guitar loudspeaker is magnet as well.I have plan to take with me one speaker on that flight and now I'm concerned should be ok for me if speaker go in checked in luggage or will be removed from travel bag???Anybody had same or similar experience with airlines?
Thank you for any input!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    They were getting lots of complaints from people with metal plates in their head.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • if its their policy they may stick to it
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1568
    Ask the airline what to do, they'll most likely have had this before.
  • telestratjazztelestratjazz Frets: 12
    edited January 2018
    After few emails no info from airline, then I phoned them and answer is NO.Amp speakers are NOT alowed as part of checked in or cabin luggage.   Dangerous items-strong magnetic!Had before long discussion about carrying 2 pedals with staff,World gone mad.Musicians dangerous geezers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Ear buds have magnets and you can wear them in the cabin. You could take a portable radio player on board too. I think the size and power is the potential problem. The reason your speaker has a magnet is because it interacts with the electrical coil beside it, because modern airliners are fly by wire it is prudent not to place a large magnet inside a flying faraday cage, even though they are designed with an element of redundency. Were you planning to be on board the aircraft too? You might have just had some good luck then.