What PA are you using?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    For smaller gigs, oldskool Phonic mixer-amp, 375w per channel, into passive Collins (cheap) 12" + Tweeter cabs.  Use the same speakers for foldback.

For bigger gigs we use the amp as a power amp only and have a 24 channnel Behringer mixer, IEM  etc

I wouldn't describe our solution as robust or high performance/fidelity, so no (more) lectures please.

If we were starting again I'd opt for powered (brand) speakers and a small mixer, and grow from there.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    I've made a decision and gone for an HK Audio L5 Power Pack. I got a really good price from Bax Shop and ordered it today.

Looks like this:

Hopefully should cover us for most gigs.

R.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    I've made a decision and gone for an HK Audio L5 Power Pack. I got a really good price from Bax Shop and ordered it today.

Looks like this:

Hopefully should cover us for most gigs.

R.
    That’s a nice rig - should be easy and quick to set up and spend good.   I’ve got two HK systems and really rate them.  
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    I already have a couple of the tops that I use with my Helix and I'm very impressed with them.

Looking forward to cranking up the whole rig - 4.4KW, should be OK for the local pub :)

R.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited January 2018
    I don't know much about HK but that Linear 5 rig looks good.

The subs are interesting...using dual 12" drivers in band pass cabinet. It means the rig is not that wide so good for pubs.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited January 2018
    Interested to see how HK goes on the first gig..
  • Jalapeno said:
    For smaller gigs, oldskool Phonic mixer-amp, 375w per channel, into passive Collins (cheap) 12" + Tweeter cabs.  Use the same speakers for foldback.

I use a similar mixer-amp for pub gigs, paired with a pair of Peavey Pro 15s. Not exactly top spec stuff, but I put it together for around £150 and it does the job pretty well. Plenty loud and reasonable sound from it for a rock band. If I was playing out more often, I'd probably look in to better gear, but this stuff will do in the meantime.