How polluted is your street?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    1/6 where I am (Stanway). Can see this becoming something that has to be disclosed when selling your house - along with energy certs et al!.......
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10264
    Octafish said:
    Not convinced that is particularly accurate. A street in Colchester that is considerd the most polluted in the town and exceeds WHO safe levels of nitrogen dioxide is rated 1 out of 6?
    Yeah, I'm calling BS too.

Just done my workplace.A huge industrial estate, swamped with HGV's,and it scored,yes you guessed......

1/6.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    jrc2806 said:
    1/6 where I am (Stanway). Can see this becoming something that has to be disclosed when selling your house - along with energy certs et al!.......
    That doesn't sound right, often a lot of traffic in the Stanway area. The street I put in was Broook Street which is always in the local paper regarding pollution and often has traffic sitting still pumping out pollution at rush hour.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    My road is 1/6, so below the Southampton average of 2/6. But I cycle to work through areas of 3 and 4/6. Well, it not as if I need to breathe on the way to work :s
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • jrc2806jrc2806 Frets: 64
    @Octafish I know it is Bizzare - with all the development in the area and the amount òf traffic using the bypass etc. I can't understand it......
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    1/6 but I call BS on that with two bus stops outside my neighbours house.
  • where I work (small industrial estate with a big lorry park across the road, and the A14 a few tens of yards away in the othe direction) = 1/6. yeah, right.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    I put the addresses of the largest oil refinery and the largest coal power plant in the UK. Result? 1 for each. Yeah right!
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    My town is 1/6, my street is 3/6! 

There is a dual carriageway not far away which no doubt causes it.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    my home just outside grimsby is 1/6, one of my main places of work right next to 3 power stations and 2 oil refineries is 1/6
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Odd. A 2 and I live just off the South circular road in London
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11444
    Octafish said:
    Not convinced that is particularly accurate. A street in Colchester that is considerd the most polluted in the town and exceeds WHO safe levels of nitrogen dioxide is rated 1 out of 6?

I think this is just an average.  I suspect any area that is not 1 out of 6 is actually quite badly polluted some of the time.  It's just the quiet times pull the average down.

I just put in a couple of postcodes along the A4 in Chiswick to check, and got a message saying sorry this postcode is not covered by the data.

From what I can see this just looks to be the worst kind of clickbait.